PDA

View Full Version : canadian fishing trip

midnight1
01-21-2003, 06:33 PM
anyone interested in a canadian fishing trip???

i'm trying to accomplish a few things here.

#1 - find out a good place to go (i've done the canoe thing in Quetico park for the last 12 years or so) i think drive to but not afraid of a fly out.

#2 - most places won't accept me by myself or even one other friend ( i can't get 6-8 guys interested that i know) so i need body help and i am flexible regarding what when and how - could use their boats or take up our own - i guess i would lean towards a musky lake with walleyes and northerns secondary but ???? open for suggestions.
p.s. - i have what i consider a nice boat.

#3 - i would like to meet some of you personally that have common interests and discus/fishing seem to be common and if everyone has to travel seems fair to me. most fishermen i've met are sociable and not afraid to meet new people.

#4 - i'm thinking 2004 summer not 2003. there are a few weeks that are out - do to musky tournements. first week of june, third week of august and first week of october.

lets hear responses if there is any hope or not.

paul

midnight1
01-21-2003, 07:15 PM
here's another brain storm - a double mecca trip

lake eire - the mecca of walleye fishing presently - imo
cary's house - the mecca of discus retailers - per many people here (i think he's near lake eire)

01-21-2003, 09:04 PM
If any of you are interested in Walley fishing on lake Erie (Western Basin) let me know. My Uncle is one of the best Captians on the lake.

Mike

jim_shedden
01-23-2003, 05:36 PM
Paul : Check out the french River area...........it is about 4 hours north of Toronto and about 45 south of Sudbury. The walleye and muskies are unbeleivable. There is a lot of history on this river. It is the river that Samuel de Champlain used a lot. The scenery is breathtaking. I have a Skeeter bassboat but I would not take it on this river. As it heads toward Georgian Bay (Lake Huron) the name changes to the BAD RIVER.......nuff said. A fishing lodge that I go to alot is called Attwood Island Lodge. It is run by Peter & Jan. They have boats, guides and everything you could think of. I will dig up their phone number and email it to you. They may have an address on the net...........I havn't checked. When any of my freinds from the states want to come up for muskies thats were I take them. The Ministry of Natural resources netted a large female muskie while doing their census 2 years ago and it weighed 78. 2 pounds. As you probably know......the world record is only 69. It was let go and as far as anyone knows it is still swimming.

midnight1
01-23-2003, 06:32 PM
jim - that would be great

mike - i will be going to erie this spring so when i get closer and know when i'm going i'll contact you

thanks both of you

paul