PDA

View Full Version : FISHLESS CYCLE

engineguy129
01-25-2003, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone,
I was curious if I bought the right ammonia, it was the only stuff that I could find that does not have the perfumes or any added color the brand name is Parson's Ammonia, I did read the back to see what is in the ingredients........here they are as follows.
Ammonium Hydroxide Solution, Anionic Sufractant, Non-Ionic Sufractant, Opacifier, Clarifying Agent, Salts (Inert).

Is this the right stuff to add to my tank that is cycling now?? Would like to bump my ammonia up to 5 ppm to help speed up things up a tad.

Thanx!

Rob ;D

Discusgeo
01-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Engineguy129 go to the Libarary and read my post on Fish less cycling.
But here is the major part to know but please read the post if you are going to do this.

To paraphrase RTR: If it doesn't list the ingredients, or say Clear Ammonia (or Pure Ammonia or 100% Ammonia, or Pure Ammonium Hydroxide), then leave it on the shelf and look elsewhere. Shake the bottle if you're not sure about it... ammonia with surfactants will foam, while good ammonia will not.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php? board=10;action=display;threadid=5807

engineguy129
01-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Crap! I am hosed! :-\
I did not add anything. I added that I was hosed because I have to drive 40 minutes to get to a decent grocery store and tomorrow being super bowl sunday.............my butt is planted in the sofa. ;D

If I think that is the right thread you have sent me I have read it.........great info!, the link you posted did not work?? Thats alright, thanks for your help! I did want to go the ammonia route rather than use other fish to do the job, I only have 1 tank at the moment with another in the worx. Again thank you Discusgeo! :)

Rob ;D