PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem.....Need help!!

bokgrasul
01-29-2003, 05:04 AM
I encounter a strange and dangerous problem with my young discus(5 months old).....
About a week ago i noticed that one of my young discus is not eating and have the stress bars visible (normaly this don't show because their colour is yellow).Than I noticed white transparent feces coming out .Also his eyes are turning cloudly and especially his left eye got a white , not transpparent spot(he looks like a blind pirat). So i started the metronidazole tratament.
After a while - nothing . The same stage. But I noticed two more of my babies not eating.
So,I started a FURAZOLIDONE treatment. I admit that i used a doze a little bit too high.After 3-4 hours after the administration of FURAZOLIDONE I noticed that ALL of my babies are not eating,stress bars visible to ALL of them,their turning dark in colour and standing in a nose-down position . I got scared that i did an overdose of FURAZOLIDON and i changed a part of the water.
Ok,now their in the same condition (did not got worse) but
all of them are having WHITE LONG TRANSPARENT FECES, that they didn't show before the use of FURAZOLIDONE.
I mean the transparent feces appears right after the furazolidone treatment.
What am i suppose to do now???
I love them so much and they allways been so happy and growing well. Now they are so sad .........
PS- I noticed in the water (when i noticed the transparent feces because than I looked closely) a lot of little white fillaments , about 1 cm long (or less), tiny , and a lot of them.
Could it be that the treatemnt with FURAZOLIDONE killed some parasites that now are floating in my water......or something??
Thank you for yours answers in advance
Thank you

lion
01-29-2003, 05:20 AM
Hi. How long have you treat with metronidazole? , w/c, salt? I treated mine for 5 day's with 400gm/10 gallon after a 50% w/c everyday. It worked fine. I also add 2 tbspn salt for every 10 g. That worked for hex - I'm not sure that is what your fishie got. Sounds more like cap...something. I'll see if I can find something on that. Hope this helps.

Ardan
01-29-2003, 07:08 AM
Hi,
White feces can indicate a few different things.

If it is segmented it could be tapeworm and treat with prazi.

If it is not segmented it can be flagellates = hex, or worms like capillaria.

For hex (I treat for this first if not sure if its hex or capillaria) I treat as follows.

temp 94F for 10 days

metro 400 mg/10 gal
add every 8 hoours for 3 days
50% wc/day

hth

bokgrasul
01-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I will continue the metro treatment and let you know what happens.
I did a lot of wc ,and they are slightly feeling better....
Thank you