PDA

View Full Version : Just when everything settle down....

Gnome
01-29-2003, 02:37 PM
something is taking over all side of my Breeding tank's Glasses, it is like white string, long and thin, moving in jerky motion, I'm not sure why they are there, probably due to do left over food, but I always do the syphoning twice every week w/ WC..hmm does anyone know how to remove this thing?
is this thing dangerous? will it give any disease to my pair? or disturb the breeding phase?
Gnome.

01-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Planria is a sign of over feeding... Most often beefheart. Wipe the tank down, clean the filters, do some big water changes, don't leave any uneaten food in the tank and the problem will correct itself.

No they will not harm your pair but the decline in water quality can affect your hatch rate/fry

Mike

Gnome
01-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Okie Dokie ;D
Thanks Michael.

fossil
01-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Remember to wipe down the bottom too, also don't forget any breeder cones.

Dennis_Hardenburge
01-30-2003, 11:26 PM
I could be wrong here, but some where I have read that planaria can kill eggs, and also they require pretty high water quality them selfs.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Dennis

Gnome
01-31-2003, 05:47 AM
I could be wrong here, but some where I have read that planaria can kill eggs, and also they require pretty high water quality them selfs.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Dennis

Yeah I read that somewhere, jezz now I have to deal w/ two things fungused eggs and planaria eggs killing, >:(sigh, well yesterday morning I wiped the tank down, all the side, even the heater, I also vaccumed the syphon filter, I vaccumed the bottom too, and wipe down the cone but unfotunately she already laid eggs before I got the tank cleaned, so I wipe the cone only some part of it carefully not to touch any eegs, after 34 hours I see around 12 eggs already fungused, now I feed the parents only every other day and reduce the amount of food, so will it harm the eggs if I do around 25-30 % of WC? I will cleaned the tank again on the evening today.

grrrr8guy
01-31-2003, 05:58 AM
Hi there, geez if you know eggs are there or being laid real soon it might have been better to take your chances with the good bacteria, If I know im a day or so away from angel eggs being put down I dont like to disturb everything and less fungusing takes place almost nil. I know this good bacteria and if you start wiping down a tank its going to take a few diligent water changes to get it all so when your eggs go down the debris or suspended solids will get on the eggs and take em out for sure .

grrrr8guy