PDA

View Full Version : Water Changes - How to make life easier

BlueTurquoise
01-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone!
By no means is my method perfect, and I know there is plenty of things that I can do to make it faster/better but I thought I'd show everyone how I do it and maybe people can comment and give me more ideas, or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Anyway I think water change is a HUGE part of our hobby and anything that one can do to reduce the amount of time it takes everyday to do our chores, the better.

Also I have a simple setup and only one tank. I understand that the majority of you have more than 1 tank. But heck I thought I'd post some pics in hope that they may benefit someone...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=5&action=display&threadid=6632&sta rt=0

Chong :thumbsup:

BlueTurquoise
01-30-2003, 09:48 AM
PS. I want to thank each and every person who helped me out with my automatic water change questions in the DIY thread. Good job! and thanks! I owe you guys 20 mins of my day, every day! ;)

Chong

SnowCichlid
02-02-2003, 05:33 PM
plan ol syphon and bucket does it for me ... I have a tap source that fills water very quickly into the bucket i use and it is not too far away from the tank...so I dont mind it that much