PDA

View Full Version : still hoping

grrrr8guy
01-31-2003, 09:17 PM
well half the eggs are still good and half are fungus , she has been cleaning and tending but seems to be leaving the pimply looking ones for now, Has anyone had a spawn like this were after 24 hours half are fungus and had the good ones make it to free swimming.

grrr8guy

larry lob
02-01-2003, 06:15 AM
Hi grrr8guy,

From almost 400 eggs per spawn my pair only get less than 100 free swimmers so to answer the question, yes they can.
Can i make a sugestion if i can (not being rude here i hope)
Keep each spawn as one thread, it's hard to keep up with whats the current situation with your spawn as you open a new thread with every question. sorry just the way i see it.
It's easier to answer your questions knowing whats the current problem, people will follow threads and help start to finish, if you open new ones people sometimes miss them.
to confirm look at the help i got on my thread.....And finaly sucsess...... page 2 or 3 of breeding.

hope i haven't offended it's not my intention.

Larry

grrrr8guy
02-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the tip looks like it comes to the top when a new message goes in anyway.

Well the latest update is all the (bronsy/gold) eggs have been eaten from between a dozen or so fungus eggs that are still there. Although there are 4 or 5 eggs that are not bronze or nor do they look fungus they look transparent?

grrr8guy

grrrr8guy
02-01-2003, 11:29 AM
All the eggs are now gone although they are still cleaning the pot. I would like to think I had relocated eggs but I dont think that is the case here.

grrr8guy

jesser
02-01-2003, 11:57 AM
hey , me too,
i am goingto try and put a screen on next time. i guess ur going to remove them and rear them urself?
good luck :wave:

larry lob
02-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Grr8t,

If they wen't transaprent with what looked like centres, then they were fertile, They will get it right soon.

Because it goes to the rop when someone replies it's hard to see which was the last one you started. (not *****ing here :D).

sometimes the male needs longer to mature and aim his hose better.

Larry

grrrr8guy
02-01-2003, 05:06 PM
Ill try and keep one string to a topic , and in no way am I affended. Jessop Hope I spelled it right. I intend to give them many attempts to develope parental skills because of the work involved with taking the eggs away. Angels are different because I have no problem raising them as they go on baby brine from the get go.

I just bought a conductivity meter while I was out and plan on using it over the next week to slowly soften the water to the 100 microsiemens. Does this sound like a good plan folks?

grrr8guy