PDA

View Full Version : Identification help

TomB
02-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Hi-
I'm new to this forum but not to aquarium/fishkeeping in general. Became interested in discus about a year ago and ordered some discus several months ago from a supplier to remain nameless (I wish I had found this forum back then) and was sent strains I had not ordered. Well to make a long story short I have 4 discus that are doing fairly well though I'm not sure what they are. They were named when I got them but I was so discouraged about the whole thing then that I have since tossed the ID info that came with them. One is a red turq that is not pictured, the other three I'm not sure about. After reading and lurking here for awhile I realize they are not quality either and at some point I will be getting some from a more reputable breeder.
In the mean time any ideas what I have here? Any help would be appreciated.Lots of good info here. :D

Tom

TomB
02-01-2003, 12:27 AM
another pic

TomB
02-01-2003, 12:28 AM
another pic

Carol_Roberts
02-01-2003, 12:56 AM
Pigeonblood or pigeonblood crosses - heavily peppered.

fishfarm
02-01-2003, 01:25 AM
They are a pigeon cross due to the stress bars and lots of pepper which many consider as un clean, a clean pigeon would have little or no pepper. Some folks like the black. This is a cleaner pigeon.

02-01-2003, 01:30 AM
Dirty Marlboros

Mike

02-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Mike, Marlboro menthol 100's ---with the filter ripped off. :-XSorry Tom... Joe

arpanlib
02-01-2003, 04:51 AM
yes, they are the cross from pegions ;D

arpanlib

Pick
02-01-2003, 11:08 AM
I won't restate the obvious. I will say your plants look fantastic!

TC

TomB
02-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. Thanks for the comments about my plants - I've spent a lot of time on them. I will post a full pic at some point. As I said in the original post I've learned a lot here and only regret not finding this site earlier as it would have spared me having these guys now. The only good part is everyone who sees the tank and knows nothing about them love them. ;)

BTW-feel free to IM/email me for more info abut these fish and source

Tom

02-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Tom, They have large eyes, pointed heads, and tons of black. They should never been sold in the first place. It's a shame that scruplous vendors stay in business by praying on the new hobbyist that know no better. These guys truly ruin it for everyone one. :(

Mike