PDA

View Full Version : Feeding babies?

DavidH
02-01-2003, 09:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any success feeding babies anything other than live bbs. I've heard somewhere that there is other foods that they will accept.

Any Info thx Dave

02-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Hey Dave...

Did you see this thread in DIY? It may help you out.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=19;action=display;threadid=6496;st art=0;boardseen=1

Julz :)

02-02-2003, 11:03 AM
DavidNC, Fry wil accept lots of different food. Mike Reeds NOBBS is also good............Randy

jesser
02-02-2003, 09:24 PM
hey guys,
wat about frozen bbs?? do i realy need to hatch my own or is it just better?

larry lob
02-03-2003, 05:38 AM
Hi Jesser,

I would assume live is better less good stuff killed in the freezing process, however i feed my babies frozen and they seem to be fine, i only give them it for about 2 weeks and then they are in flake and frozen bloodworm. Within a month they seem to take anything i thrown at them.

HTH

Larry

grrrr8guy
02-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I have been rotating 3 goldfish bowls of live baby brine shrimp since june.

I supply a friend of mine who manages a fish room with the angels I spawn about 75 - 100 a week on aveage since august.

One of the worst things that can happen is to run out of brine shrimp when you have new fry that is depending on it.

I have frozen bbs in the freezer and thank god have only had to use it 3 times and that was when I was first starting out.

The fry just look at it and swim the other way mostly.

I was lucky they ate enough of it to stay alive.

But nothing like the frenzy you get when you throw bbs in.

Also I think from what I read discus fry are way more finicky eaters than angels so there you have it it in m.o.i

grrr8guy

grrrr8guy
02-06-2003, 01:30 PM
larry you must have slipped that post in just ahead of me lol ,

Im surprised you can get them to eat it.

Perhaps it is different with artficially raised eggs because it is thier first food.

Angels do the discus thing too (slime) if you leave them with the parents.

But I hatch the angel eggs artificially away from the parents and so live bbs is there first food here, they just dont seem to take to the frozen or I would use it .

It would be less work for me lol.

grrr8guy

arpanlib
02-09-2003, 03:30 AM
hey,
who manufactures this KYOWA food ???

arpanlib

Wolf
02-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Mine eat the frozen bbs no problem. It takes a couple of days for them to recognise it as food but they are feeding on the parents at this time anyway. I start at 7 days and stop at 21 days and start feeding a bunch of other foods like Ocean nutritions formula one, crushed tetra bits, bloodworms, flake and brine shrimp at 3 weeks.