PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here in Denver?

Baltazar
02-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi all,
Anyone call Denver home?
Balt :wave:

CO discus
02-23-2003, 09:03 AM
How's it going? I am in the North Denver area (Thornton) and have just purchased my first Discus, a Snakeskin - he's just a little guy. It's a blast! Believe it or not, I became interested in Discus 10 years ago, but never attempted keeping them due to the fact that I had fun breeding Angels.
I'm being very careful to keep water conditions right for him/her. Trust me; I certainly did my research --- and he/she seems to be very happy so far. :D

Drop me a line to tell me about your aquatic fellas and I do have a question for you. Do you know a breeder in the area that I could talk to about a special breed that I can't find in pet stores here? Let me know. I was interested in Tangerines or San Merahs --- see link
http://www.adiscusdream.com/gallery/solid/
Thanks.

claycarr
03-01-2003, 11:44 AM
i live in denver, did you get it (snakeskin) from shermans?

i also bought a pair there, lost one, the other is doing great and very dominant. i know of a seller here in denver who sells several types of discus (reds, blues, etc.). i recently bought a red doll and a royal blue from him. they are doing great. i would recommend buying from him also. let me know.

CO discus
03-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, I did buy the little guy from Shermans. It's a decent place, but when speaking of Discus their selection leaves a little to be desired. I was curious about what they call 'American Discus' - Personally, I never knew such a strain existed. The answer to your question is YES, I would like to know how to get in touch with the individual you spoke of in Denver. I'm finding out just how difficult it is to find quality Discus and honestly, I really didn't want to have any shipped. It would just stress the little guys out. Someone local would be great! I'm looking at building my own racks so I can expand over the next 2 or 3 months.
Anyways, thanks for the reply and I hope your additions to the family are doing quite well. ;D

claycarr
03-01-2003, 08:38 PM
he goes by patrick on this board you could get his email from his profile within the forum. are you planning on raising and breeding discus? i bought the discus from shermans only because they were 12.99, patrick has fish starting at 20.00. great selection for this area. reds, blue, etc. i will be getting more soon from him.

patrick
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
If you want quality discus, great selection (400 fish in stock), and reasonable prices, please send me an e-mail. I will reply to your e-mail with more information. Most of my customers are repeat busy.

Thank you in advance.

Patrick