PDA

View Full Version : DiscusHunters.com and other websites

FishRule
02-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone,
Has anyone done business with Nick Knowles from DiscusHunters.com, plecohunters.com and his other site, aquaticwholesale.com? He has very good prices on rare plecos if you join the club ($35 a year), wondered if anyone has done dealings with him/them? Any feedback most appreciated, thanks!
Fishes

Wahter
02-04-2003, 12:14 AM
There were some comments about discushunters.com made on the page:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=12;action=messageindex;start=80

I checked out the www.plecohunters.com prices of the fancy pl*cos; I got a better deal from a guy who sells on www.aquabid.com on the L-260 queen arabesque. Look for the seller who'se ID/ name is "lotsoffish" and send him an email; he might have some of the pl*cos you're looking for.

HTH,

Walter

02-04-2003, 12:23 AM
Join the club for $35.00

You have got to be kidding me.

Mike

fcdiscus
02-04-2003, 12:41 AM
;D :-X

Jeff
02-04-2003, 01:25 AM
That's what I was thinking Mike. >:(

02-04-2003, 01:31 AM
Come on boys, jump right in.

LOL
Miles

allan_mark76
02-07-2003, 03:27 PM
FishRule I am going to state my opinion so just listen. Discushunters for one changed their website AGAIN to http://www.Aquaticwholesale.com/discus.htm. They also don't show actual pictures of the discus but a pinup of a poster. Just beware and purchase from sombody who's legit and not from some "fly by night" person who's out there to make a quick buck $$$. If you look back at the link by Wahter you'll see for yourself the DRAMA about this person. Save yourself some time and money and purchase from somebody recrommened by the users on this board. Again just my opinion. Listen or don't listen.

A-

02-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Well said Allen, "and thats all i have to say about that." He he he
Matt

02-07-2003, 06:21 PM
;)

dippyduck
02-17-2003, 05:32 PM
Costco and Sam's clubs were developed as a way for persons to buy bulk quanities at discounted prices. :D I don't see any advantage to giving someone my money upfront for the "Previlage" of ordering from them. The profit is in the purchase price of a product, not some kind fly-by-night schemer. >:( This type of thing makes internet commerce more difficult and leads to greater gov't regulation.

DiscusBob
06-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Apparently, if you send Discushunters and additional ten dollars, not only will you be allowed to buy their fish, but in addition, they will be your best friend.

fishfarm
06-26-2003, 09:24 AM
I've seen their page and they "claim" to have the best prices anywhere if you will "only" send them $35 to join. Wholesale to the public!!! What BS is this! The prices are almost double what I sell the same type of fish for. It's a scam. There are a dozen people on this board who will sell you better fish at a better price and you can use the $35 to cover the shipping charges. :) IMO Ken

yellow_marlboro
08-19-2003, 04:29 PM
<---has to agree whole-heartedly, screw discushunters.com and go for a legit person, who isnt out for an extra dollar but out for quality.

FishRule
08-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Looks like this guy might be back selling on AquaBid under the seller name, "DonGotty", anyone know if it is the same seller?