PDA

View Full Version : Wild Discus for sale

boxlotfish
02-05-2003, 02:34 AM
Hi: I am getting some very nice medium size wild Blues, reds, and Greens in from my importer. I have been selling them for $30.00 each on Aquabid. Heckels are still hard to find but there are a few available now with blue face mixed in. Drop me an e-mail if you are looking for some. :-*

limige
02-05-2003, 08:44 AM
could you please post some pics of the actual fish for sale labeled.

thanks,
mike

02-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Ya! we want pics first
You know the Drill! trust no one with prices like that! :o
unless you gaurentee your product after its shipped!
Good Day!
Cary Gld!

fishfarm
02-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Hi, I just got a pair of huge Blueface heckels and 12, 3" heckels (I ordered 10, somehow two extras got ithe box:) ) from Loren, I was very impressed. I'll try and post some pics, They are still in quarantine. The price was right and packing was great! Ken

JeffreyRichard
02-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Twice I've ordered Greens from Loren ... both times extremely satified. I managed to get a very nice RSG that was spawning for me a couple of years ago.

Based on my experience, you won't be dissapointed purchasing fish from Loren. (unless you have unrealistic expectations ...)

A pic of one of the greens was posted by Willie last week ... check out http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=6550 ... 2nd picture

Jeff

roger
02-05-2003, 11:33 AM
If you want to see pics of what Loren is usually selling go to aquabid, he usually has a few pieces up for sale there.

Heckels are heckels, there really isnt much difference between the fish when buy them. I have some of the older brothers of the fish that he got and they are starting to settle in nicely.

The blues and greens (which I also have) can come in at various qualities. Ill stay out on the limb and speculate that the fish he has are all good fish but they may not be as spectacular as Albertos or Olivers. Of course then they wouldnt be at the price they are.

My wild collection
3 Heckel brown (I think) from Alberto about 2.5"
2 RSG from Alberto about 3.5"
2 Alenquer about 5.5"
3 Blue about 4"
3 RSG about 4"
3 Blue Faced Heckels about 4"
2 Heckels about 4"

All the fish that didnt come from Alberto made there way to me from the same importer that Loren uses although via a 3rd party to me. If anyone wants pictures of that mess just let me know, I have a bunch of them that I can probably put up on a website for people to look at.

Peace,
Roger

fishfarm
02-05-2003, 07:44 PM
New heckels I got from Loren two days ago, Nice!

boxlotfish
02-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Ken: It is good to see that my fish are going out to qualified keepers. I had some problems with the smaller fish. I think they have worms and I have not been able to get them to eat well. Some are doing better than others but they don't have much spunk yet.

boxlotfish
02-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Everyone: It looks like I will be able to sell as many wild reds as I can get. Everyone is asking for red. I will pick up a few true reds on my next trip and post pictures of them on Aquabid. Please be advised that some of the red fish going around are not wild. Many are F1 types from wild and domestic cross. The fishermen are involved in gold fever over there so the selection is limited and Discus are getting hard to find.

wildthing
02-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Everyone: It looks like I will be able to sell as many wild reds as I can get. Everyone is asking for red. I will pick up a few true reds on my next trip and post pictures of them on Aquabid. Please be advised that some of the red fish going around are not wild. Many are F1 types from wild and domestic cross. The fishermen are involved in gold fever over there so the selection is limited and Discus are getting hard to find.

HUH?
please explain

boxlotfish
02-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Sorry: I don't like to be to long winded. I have received e-mail from 4 people today just for red Discus requests after this posting. I need to stock up on wild reds. Some of the e-mails I received are from people wanting very special super reds that don't exist. I have seen outstanding pictures of super red wilds on Aquabid that are in fact F1 fish and not wild captured. I am told by my importer that he has a high level of frustration these days when it comes to getting what he wants out of South America. The gold rush has all the fishermen panning for gold now at the height of the Discus season and they are not fishing. No fishermen means no fish.

fishfarm
02-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Hi Loren, the little guys broke down the first day, but are recovering and eating bloodworms and beefheart. I plan to deworm and treat them for Hex to clean them out. It'll take a few weeks and they will be fat and healthy. I like the tall bodies on these little guys. Wild reds? I'm interested!! Ken

Michael
02-06-2003, 12:07 AM
Hi maybe here u can find those special super reds that don't exist. www.belowwater.com

boxlotfish
02-06-2003, 12:29 AM
How many do you want and what size? I can get the Alenquer in the jumbo size but they will cost you $100.00 each. It takes several weeks or even months to get them into that color. Ask the breeder at below water if he will sell his breeders for $100.00

Paulio
02-06-2003, 12:51 AM
I have gotten fish from Loren a few times myself. Excellent quality and service every time. In my experience Loren and company are a rare find these days. Honest and reliable.
I will definately buy from them again.

Michael
02-06-2003, 12:53 AM
OK they point clear they exist... Ill buy all u can find at $100 but has to be the same fish, exact location... ;D for sure u will have lot of people after the special super reds. :bounce:

Don_Lee
02-06-2003, 01:19 AM
The Buy/Sell area is not intended to be an area of debate. If there are questions about the fish, please IM the seller.

Don ;D

02-06-2003, 08:38 AM
Trigger finger startin' to Itch again Don?? ::)

Tony

wildthing
02-06-2003, 09:38 AM
The gold rush has all the fishermen panning for gold now at the height of the Discus season and they are not fishing. No fishermen means no fish.

This is total nonsense, who is feeding you this idiocy?
Please stop.
El Nino means the water is high ( & dangerous) this season.
The weather has been awful in both Brazil & Peru (you can check your news stations for recent flood stories, many people drowned!)
In Belem it has been so unusually bad they cannot even leave their homes to buy food. Is it you panning for gold? gimme a break.

DW

02-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Nice Wilds Loren! ;D

DAM don take a chill pill why don't You!

LOL!

Cary Gld!

Don_Lee
02-06-2003, 10:44 AM
DAM Cary I would love to take a chill pill, but every time I do then I have to check on this board! LOL! I just dont want anyone feeling attacked by everyone-especially not here in the buy/sell area. Lets just all be nice, and Dons trigger finger can relax. :-*

Don ;D

fishfarm
02-06-2003, 05:04 PM
It is high water season down south, but plenty of fish are still available, I've got fish coming from Columbia next week and Peru the week after. Loren's a good guy and has great fish at very reasonable prices. Ken

yogi
02-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Lets not confuse all the different things. There was a person on aquabid last year selling supposedly wild reds. It was not belowwater. This guy was either in Alabama or Arkansas, I can't remember which. It turns out he was also selling a red color enhancer that was not written in english. The pictures looked to good to be true. Maybe they really were f1's.

Loren mentioned he can get reds, he didn't say the same as belowwater. As far as I know belowwater is the only one with those Curiperas. So cough up the money if thats what you want. I have seen the reds that Loren can get because I visit that wholesaler every couple of months. The reds that Loren sells for $40 look like Satarems to me. The other one he mentioned is Alenquers for $100, not to be confused with belowwater's Curiperas.

As red as the Curiperas are, the ones from last year have turned even redder in customers fishtanks. As Loren said the reds should turn redder over time in your tank. They will not turn as red as the Curiperas IMO.

DIZ
02-06-2003, 06:06 PM
I got wild fish from Loren He sayed one was brown But when fishs came it was a little red. I had the fish for about 3 to 4 weeks now it is very red. Great fish and very good shipping

DIZ

Dennis_Hardenburge
02-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Yogi is 100% right.
And from what I understand Loren has been around for a long time and has a very good reputation for customer satisfaction.
Dennis

fishfarm
02-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Loren, I treated the little heckels with parzi. Lost one who never would eat, The other 11 (I paid for 10!) are now little pigs and filling out nicely! I'll keep 6 and sell the others to some friends. Thanks again, Oh, The big blueface are monsters and acting very much like a pair. Maybe I'll get lucky and finally breed some pure heckels!! Ken

boxlotfish
02-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I just got 8 reds and 8 Jumbo blue face Heckels.
Loren

Bee007
02-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi Loren,
What are the wild green discus size that is on aquabid?
Bee