PDA

View Full Version : Error when opening message board

mhdiscus
02-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Whenever I open a simplydiscus message board page I get the following message box twice. I click no both times and then I can use the page but I have to do this for every page. Simplydiscus is the only site I get this error on. On the main page www.simplydiscus.com I do not get the error.

Message Box title bar:
Microsoft Development Environment

Message Box text:

An exception of type 'com/ms/security/SecurityExceptionEx'was not handled.
Would you like to debug the application?

mhdiscus
02-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Additional info:

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP1 and all updates installed.

Ryan
02-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I have never heard of this error before. It is possible that it's related to a security setting in Internet Explorer. There may be some things in the code of this board that IE doesn't agree with.

Ryan

black rat
02-08-2003, 07:02 AM
MHDISCUS :computer:
i'm running Xp pro and have no problems opening up the pages- must be one of yr security settings.

mhdiscus
02-14-2003, 07:09 PM
While I have been using the message board for quite a while this problem only started recently (last few weeks). I have not made any changes to the configuration of my system during that time.

I have the Microsoft Visual Studio development system installed on this system. And if I answer "no" to the error messages the page comes up OK. If I click "yes" it starts up Visual Studio and says that it can't find the source code. So it could be that the error message does not show up on systems that do not have Visual Studio installed. I also have a backup system on the same net that is configured the same way except that it does not have Visual Studio installed and it does not get the error messages when I visit the simplydiscus message board.

Ryan
02-15-2003, 01:05 AM
The only thing that has been changed regarding the board are the rotating banners, which require a JavaScript file which pulls info from a source file. This may be the problem.

Ryan