PDA

View Full Version : Growth Comparison

BlueTurquoise
02-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if I should post it here or in the pics section... I thought it would be a nice topic of conversation.

I just realised how much my fish have actually grown (like duh), so much so since I have taken direct comparison body shots of them. It is hard to judge their actual sizes but here goes nothing.

This is a pic of my red scribble from July 2002. It was 3 inches exactly:

BlueTurquoise
02-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Hre she is now on January 2003. She is roughly 4.5 inches

BlueTurquoise
02-07-2003, 02:02 AM
This is my other red scribble. He used to be very striped as a youngster at 3 inches:

BlueTurquoise
02-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Here he is today at 4.5 inches

BlueTurquoise
02-07-2003, 02:06 AM
I just wanted to highlight development in terms of body shape and stripes. If you look carefully you can actually discern the "finger print" like pattern of the fish as they are exactly the same. Also note that I fed them blood worms/beefheart and tetra bits from July till December 2002. 2003 onwards they were fed black worms and tetra bits only.

I hope people can use this as a learning experience? it opens my eyes, having them directly comapred like this... How about some other people post comparisons of their fish? I know there are some here and there but lets start a comparison thread, just for fun.

PS my picture taking skills have also changed! lol. I hope it doesn't ruin the comparison too much.

Chong

hunterbeav
02-07-2003, 02:45 AM
Wow Great photos and great idea to show there growth rate. :) Jim & Diane

April
02-07-2003, 02:50 AM
wow chong...they look great.
i guess they just went through their big growth spurt. all of a sudden they grow like crazy...get their adult shape and their adult colours. they should start being more territorial now. are they? or any pairing going on?
how old now?

BlueTurquoise
02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi April,

sorry took so long to reply...

If the LFS that I got them from were accurate and they were 6 months old when I got them, they are now just over 1 year old. The Blue Diamond that I have and the diseases SS that I also had (RIP my poor ss :'( ) did spawn late last year remember?

As far as these 2 are concerned, the bottom one (rounder one) is flirting with the blue. I have been watching them closely for some time now. I think they are pairing up but I have no idea if it's a boy or not (the blue is definately a girl).

They had a growth spurt last year but stopped growing for a few months. I think they are on another growth spurt now, since I took the latest photos, they both have increases in weight and shape, too hard to judge size, but they are filling out nicely.

Chong