PDA

View Full Version : WHO SELLS PURE SOLID,ROUND,SMALL RED EYE DISCUS

DISCUS USA
02-08-2003, 12:33 PM
IM GOING CRAZY LOOKING FOR SOME SOLID COLOR NICE DISCUS,BUT IT SEEMS THAT EVERONE I CALL OR EMAIL DOESNT HAVE WHAT IM LOOKING FOR .ANY THING EXCEPT BLUE DIAMONDS ,BD S ARE COMMON.SOLID SNOW WHITES ,SOLID YELLOWS,TANGERINES SOLID,RED SOLID,GOLDEN YELLOWS,YELLOW TURQS,GOLDEN CRYSTAL.SOME SITES OFFER THES BUT THEY SAY THEY HAVE SOME NOT MUCH PEPPERING...........I NEED SOLIDS NO BLACK LINES,DOT,CLEANWITH RED EYES.CAN ANYONE DIRECT ME TO SOMEONE WHO HAS ANY OF THESE SOLID ANYTHING W/RED EYES.ANYTHING UNDER 4 INCHES INCLUDING FRIES ,I DONT CARE ILL TAKE FRIES TOO.I ADMIRE THEIR HONESTY TELLING ME THAT THE FISH ARE NOT 100% PEPPER FREE BUT THEY KNOW LIKE I KNOW THEY ARE NOT DESIREABLE FISH.NOTHING AGAINST THE POOR LITTLE GUYS ITS NOT THEIR FAULT. :'( :'( :'( ;)

Willie
02-08-2003, 09:09 PM
You're asking for something which doesn't exist. Who doesn't want pure, solid, round, small discus. The fact is, you cannot guarantee the shape and coloration of discus as frys. Clean young fish often develop peppering as they get older. Round babies get long, although long babies seldom get round. If you want perfect fish

1. dig deep and buy adult specimens or
2. buy 10 - 12 young ones, grow them out, and sell the imperfect ones.

Willie

April
02-09-2003, 12:09 AM
willie is correct. also....a breeder can have clean non peppered looking fish in his tank...and you can get htem and depending on your colours for background and lighting and care....you can end up with pepper. so very hard for them to guarantee. not sure anyone will guarantee no pepper. perhaps you should handpick?

Carol_Roberts
02-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Anything pigeon blood based will have some amount of peppering. Actually you won't even notice a few sprinkles. They have to be really clean as babies AND background will make a difference.

Snowflakes never have red eyes.

Perhaps you should look for the non-pigeon goldens from browns . . . .

02-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Hector,
This is as good as it gets! but still after shipping and depending on your tank back ground some pepper may appear!

HTH
TakeCare
Cary Gld!