PDA

View Full Version : If Men Were In Charge Of Weddings

Discusgeo
02-08-2003, 08:08 PM
1. There would be a "Rehearsal Dinner Kegger" Party.

2. Bridesmaids would wear matching blue jean cut-off sand halter tops.

3. They would have NO tan lines and more skin showing than not.

4. Tuxes would have team logos on the back and the Nike shoes would have matching team colors.

5. June weddings would be scheduled around basketball play-offs.

6. Vows would mention cooking and sex specifically, but omit that "forsaking all others" part.

7. The couple would leave the ceremony in a souped up'73 Charger or some other Mopar with racing tires and flame designs on the side of the car. Better yet, a Harley!

8. People who tried to dance with the bride (unless they were really old) would get punched in the head.

9. Big, slobbery dogs would be eligible for the role of "Best Man."

10. There would be "Tailgate Receptions."

11. Outdoor weddings would be held during sporting events at half-time break between innings.

12. Ceremonies would be short and honeymoons would be long.

13. Ceremonies and honeymoons would be inexpensive compared to the cost of the bachelor party. Those strippers and liquor sure do add up.

14. Men wouldn't ask, "Well, what do you think, dear? The burgundy or the wine colored napkins?" They'd just grab extras from their local pub or tavern.

15. Favors would be matchbooks and cigars. Better yet, free drink passes at the local lounge.

16. The bride's dress would show cleavage, her navel,and be form-fitted to her butt..

17. Instead of a sit-down dinner or a buffet, there would be a hog roast or buckets of chicken, pizza and plenty of Bar-B-Que.

18. No one would bother with that "Veil Routine." But they would insist that the garter be as high up on her leg as it could go.

19. The bridal bouquet would be recycled from a previous funeral.

20. Invitations would read as follow... Tom (Dick or Harry) is getting the old ball and chain ... He's getting married. He either:
A) couldn't get a different roommate, or
B) caved in to her ultimatum.

Please meet the woman who will cook and clean for him for the rest of his life at Soldier Field Stadium. On the 50 Yard Line. At Half- time during Sunday's Game.

brewmaster15
02-10-2003, 03:59 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!.... ah George... if only it was a perfect world! :)
-al

Goldfish_in_a_bowl
02-10-2003, 05:22 PM
LMAO...
my first thought was change the name of the car and wasn't that Steve the Dweed Warners Wedding?? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Karen :gorgeous:

Discusgeo
02-11-2003, 08:08 AM
Yes Brew if it was only a perfect world.
George

Steve_Warner
02-14-2003, 05:04 AM
4. Tuxes would have team logos on the back and the Nike shoes would have matching team colors.

5. June weddings would be scheduled around basketball play-offs.

Hi all,
Can't say yes to #4 or #7 KAREN :P , but my wedding was on June 8th, '96, which means that I was in Jamaica on my honeymoon with the tv on and the video camera in hand to tape the Bulls winning their fourth title against Seattle. "Beautiful beaches and tropical drinks on the sand with a breeze blowing?..........Who needs 'em when ya got some serious ballin' goin' on!" Ahhhh, I remember it like it was yesterday! And of course, that meant that every year on our anniversary trip, I had to watch the Bulls win the title while on vacation ::) ...............and if you knew me, you'd know that I like to scream at the tv (ALOT) to help the players and refs out a little ;) Hey George, ya forgot the one about "B.Y.O.B" ;D

Steve