PDA

View Full Version : Dream come true

Steve_Warner
02-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Hi all,
Well, I finally lived my dream. I got to see the MASTER play in person one last time before he hangs 'em up for good-----------or will he? ;D Anyway, my good friend took me to the Clippers/Wizards game Wed. night in LA to see my idol light up the Clips with his usual brilliance on the court. It was an awesome game and I was part of history while there. It was the LARGEST crowd to EVER see a professional B-ball game in SoCal, per the P.A announcer! 20,500+ people all crammed in and cheering for MJ. It was such an awesome experience! That #23 dude is pretty good ;)

Steve

mench
02-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey,congrats fellow Mj admirer....I got to see him a few times during his Chicago glory days..Myself and some friends went to a few games in Cleveland....rotten seats,last row in the nose bleed section,but we got there early each time for the warmups so we could get right down on the floor to watch and chat with the players...I actually got to shake MJ's hand at one of the games,just a quick shake before the secutity guys moved us out...may not be a big thing to a lot of folks,but to a Chicago Bulls fan and more importantly a MJ fanitic (sp) it was the high lite of my bball life....the only thing that would be better would be being able to go to his bball school in Las vegas...So Steve why haven't you gone to that???????????????

Mench

Steve_Warner
02-16-2003, 06:29 PM
Hi all,
Hey Mench, actually I'm going to be asking the camp director if they would let me go this year. One of the requirements is that a person MUST be at least 35 years old to attend......I'm one year short of that >:( I'm hoping they'll waive that requirement for me, since they burned me one year. I had talked to the camp's director and asked him if I could volunteer to help in any way, since I lived here and loved MJ. He told me they don't take volunteers, but that he would be glad to give me a pass for all the days to come and observe the camp. A few weeks before the camp started, he called me to tell me that I couldn't come since MJ said he didn't want anyone else unnecessarily there or some B.S like that. "Nice cover story and way to blame it on somebody else, I thought." I'll keep ya posted. The camp's in July. The absolute best part is that MJ gets up early and plays one-on-one with anyone who wants to go at it with him (I know I can take him) ;) What a real dream come true that would be to play 1 on 1 with the master!

Steve

mench
02-17-2003, 10:51 AM
WOW,I would be on the camp guys butt every day...lie about your age,borrow someones birth cert. do anything!!!!!!!Do me a favor if ya can ..is there any info in the camp and if so can you get me any.....I would love to go to the cam..I am WAY over 35.....don't know if I could play a lot of bball but it would be neet to play with MJ.....talk to ya later and we both are looking forward to seeing you and Marci in April....

Mench