PDA

View Full Version : Automatic fish feeders?

taybelZ
02-15-2003, 06:08 AM
I'm in the market for a fish feeder, (well at least i think so).
I've got about 50 or so babies which will be coming off the parents backs soon and requiring their own tanks for growup and i would like to setup/buy an automatic feeder so it will feed them at least 4 times a day for when i'm at uni and can't be there to nurture them. The feeder isn't there to replace me feeding BH mix, but rather an addition to their feedings.

I would like to know if anyone out there is using them, and if so what brand/model and do they recommend it? Or would they not recommend using Fish feeders? There is so many models out on the market, and not sure where i should be spending my money.

Thanks in advance for your replys.

Discusgeo
02-15-2003, 08:47 AM
taybelZ
I don't know of one that feeds 4 times a day but the Elite Auto Feeder from HaiFeng feeds up to 2 times per day using .5 to 2.5 MM Pellets. It's easy to use, quite, has a large capacity food holder and a special pipe design to reduce humidity to the fish food. The feeder turns a full 360 degrees per day with the maximum of feeds and has a moving pointer which shows you the unit is working. It only needs to be cleaned once every 2-3 months and uses 2-AA batteries. But it's not a cheap unit at $40.00 each
George

Dennis_Hardenburge
02-15-2003, 07:11 PM
I use Rondomatis 400 feeders
You can set as many feeding a day as you want, for fry I give them six meals a day with the auto feeder
It is exspensive at $62
I have not used one but have heard the Eheim is good also for $45
Dennis

chirohorn
02-16-2003, 02:22 PM
How about an auto feeder for frozen foods? I get to manual feed once before work (AM) & once after (PM). I prefer them to be fed (either frozen bloodworms or beefheart mix) one other time during the day. I've seen frozen feeders offered online. I'm worried about the food spoiling. Any experiences?

Don_Lee
02-16-2003, 04:19 PM
I use Eheims auto feeder for dry foods, works great for me. I believe you can vary the programming so that the feeder feeds food up to four times a day. Can vary the amount too.

Don ;D

Willie
02-16-2003, 07:30 PM
The Rondomatic 600 is great for feeding fry. You can harvest bbs in the morning, load the buckets and have live brine shrimp feedings at 2-hour intervals.

Willie

Dennis_Hardenburge
02-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Agree with Willie
I aternate live baby brine shrimp with dry food for fry in the auto feeder.
I don't think I could raise the fry I do with out them.
Like every one else I am away at work all day.
Dennis

RAWesolowski
02-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I also love the Eheim. Easy to preogram and feed up to 4 times a day. The only choice you have, that I know of, for live automatic feeding is to purchase a spouse. Very expensive...