PDA

View Full Version : Other Discus Junkies in Western MA or Ct?

bikhu
02-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi ALl,
I reall don't know if this is the place to post this but I am just wondering if there are any other discus hobbyists in the Western Massachusetts or Northern Connesticut area. I am sure there must be but I have been having difficulty finding you! I live in Springfield and would lve to meet others in this area. It would be nice to hook up and go crash Brews place together or something!!!
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Peter

02-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Peter, there are a bunch of them. Go to the Hobbyist/Discus Event Locator section, look for your area.
HTH, Matt

bikhu
02-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Thanks Matt,
I am sure that it will help. But still waiting to hear from someone closer to home. Its lonely up here.. Just me and my fish.... oh yeah and my family too!!!! ;D

espitzer
02-17-2003, 02:49 PM
Peter,

Hi. I'm in Ridgefield, CT, which is maybe 70 miles or so from you. I've also been looking forward to meeting other hobbyist in this area. I'm just getting back into keeping discus after being out of it for about 6 years.

I'm currently cycling a couple of 55 gallon tanks and can't wait to stock them.

Anyway, from what I've heard there was an NE meeting in November sometime and there's been recent talk about another meeting around May.

If anyone in the area is interested in getting together before then, I'd be interested, including going to Al's, which I've wanted to do.

Eric

bikhu
02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Hi Eric,
I was absolutely in awe of Al's tremendous fish. The size shape and colors are gorgeous. Besides that Al is a great guy and a wondrful source of information. Hopefully we can meet. Maybe we will raid Al's!!!!!
SOunds like there are many more Discus people down toward you. Stilll looking for some others up this way.... THere must be more of us... There has to be!
Doesn't there??!?!?!?!?! :o

Francisco_Borrero
02-18-2003, 12:36 AM
I am East of you in Sharon, MA, and there are also a few discus enthusiasts in RI, including Jeff Richard a breeder.
The NE DiscusNuts event is coming soon!!!, but it may not be at Al's as I understand the Long Island people are pressig that way. No definitions yet.
Cheers, Francisco.

bikhu
06-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi ODwyer

East of Albany huh? What town? you can't be very far from me. Just up there in the Berkshires...
Would like to hear more about your habit ooops I mean hobby! :o
Hoping that there is going to be a NE Discus meeting soon ... perhaps we can meet sonetime and crash Al's or share a shipment from Cary. How's the used aquarium market up there? I am looking for a used 65 or other 36" based tank.
Welcome to Simply...
peter

bikhu
06-09-2003, 09:50 PM
A breeder in Amherst!?!?!?!? Please fill me in. I would love to meet them.
Thanks
peter