PDA

View Full Version : Update: Chicago Discus get together!

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi all,
We had our little get together today a Jeff's discus here in Chicago land. It was great to meet other discus nuts and talk, you guessed it, Discus. All in all a good time was had by everyone and a special thanks To Jeff Weisgerber, owner of Jeff's discus for hosting the event and providing munchies and a really congenial atmosphere. Additional thanks to Dan from CBW for the samples of his wonderful product.

RandalB

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:45 PM
Here's some of Chicago's finest Discus keepers! In the foreground our own Tyra (Tyrancooper).

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Here's Harriett, a planted tank fan that won the RO unit giveaway...

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Here's a group of discus fans looking at the latest arrivals from Jack Wattley..

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:51 PM
And speaking of Jack Wattley, Jeff took the opportunity to unveil a new strain from Jack, The Sunrise Panda. I just wish my crappy camera picked up how bright red these guys really are..

RandalB
02-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Thanks again Jeff and company for the great time and all the support (and the free goodies!)

RandalB

William Palumbo
02-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Yes it was a fun time!. Thanks Jeff. Also thanks Randal for the raffle prizes, even though I did not win any! We will all have to do it again...SOON!
William Palumbo

Don_Lee
02-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Looks like a great time! I will definitely try to get there for the next meeting!

Don ;D

elimon
02-17-2003, 12:47 AM
Hey, it was greate to meet Jeff, Randal, Tyra and many others in person. I hope we will do it again soon!!! I also took two babies home.

Efren ;D

02-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Great Pics Randal.... I was wondering how the turn out was..... Looks like you all had great fun.

Julz :)

Harriett
02-17-2003, 11:23 AM
I also really liked meeting and yakking with everyone and getting to see Jeff's shop finally...and I especially liked winning the R/O unit!! Hope to see you all at the next go-round!
Harriett

sgill72
02-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Wouldn't you know it...I get caught up in projects, and am unable to attend the premeire of the Chicago Discus Club. I was fortunate enough to make it to the GCCA swap meet, and picked up a couple of cuties. Eating like pigs too. Well...when is the next gathering of Discus Affectionados? Hmm?

Rick S
02-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Hello Everyone, I had a great time at Jeffs Sunday it was nice to put faces with the names on this board. Hey Randal I'll be sending that parking ticket back to you. I got to meet and talk to Randal, William P, Elimon, Harriet and Tyra. Thanks Jeff it was an excellent place to meet at. I took home two of the brightest Marlboros I have ever seen and also some Blue Diamonds that were just as nice as the Wattleys. Hope to do it again soon. Hey Jeff I'll be looking forward to those Wattley Sunshine Pandas.

Rick