PDA

View Full Version : Blackworm Murder!

jklnbrg
02-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Last Thursday I bought 1/2 lb of Blackworms from a breeder in the area. I put them in a new, very well rinsed container with a tight fitting top (wife is not too keen on uncovered worms right next to yesterday's left overs).
I had been rinsing with RO water and keeping the lid on and all the wormies were fine.

Sat. at noon I rinsed the CBW's with tap water instead of RO water (dunno why), covered the container and back to the fridge. 4 hours later I went to get some for the discus and the worms were all dead!

Soooo what are the opinions? Did I kill them by using tap water? Covering the conatainer too tightly? Ideas??

Thanks!

John

02-17-2003, 03:33 PM
John

Your tapwater probably has high amounts of chlorine in it...That would be my best guess.

Tony

Carol_Roberts
02-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Chlorine will certainly kill them. The worms will not crawl out of the container - at least poke holes in the lid.

BombCat
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
John, I had the same problem earlier. Since we live in US, I would say because our government is afraid of Bio warfare. They added 4 X as much Chorine and Chorime in our water. Thats how my worms were killed. They melted like Ice-Cream under the SUN.

:'(