PDA

View Full Version : Garlic w/ CBW

BombCat
02-20-2003, 06:07 PM
I have a question about Garlic and CBW.
A lot of people here afraid that CBW contains bacteria(s)/parasite(s), and garlic can kill most parasites. Has anyone tried combining the 2??

I mean if you juice a cloves of garlic and add it in your worms water, will it kill all a lot of parasite in the worms? Can it also help your fish because the worms contain garlic??

Just a thought and a good expierment.
I am going to try and will let you all know.

fcdiscus
02-20-2003, 06:33 PM
Actually, all test results I have seen indicate no parasites whatsoever in CBW! Frank

Ralph
02-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Garlic works in humans by strengthening their immune system. It's not like an antiseptic with would kill pathogens on contact. It's a nice idea though.

And Frank is right, there is no guarantees of course, but blackworms are one of the safer foods you can use. Worms got a bad rep from things that may or may not have happened a long time ago (supposedly harvesting worms from sewage).

Good questions, we need more experiments in the discus world.

BombCat
02-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Frank, I am not saying CBW has parasites or bacteria. I know I shouldnt use CBW. I should say worms in general. Sorry about using CBW. I have did a test adding Garlic juice to my BW. I killed it. Luckily I only tested on 6 worms. I think I added too much. So back to the drawing board again. I used 1 drop per container, and then I remembered reading other products only use 1 drop per 10 gallon of water. So I guess I will need to rejuice and retest again.

Will try to keep you guys up to date.