PDA

View Full Version : Eating problem!

amirnezhad
02-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Hi,

I have 4 Discuses in different sizes, 2 of them are 1.5" ~ 2" and other 2 one are 3", I put them in a 50 Gallon tank and feed them with heart and earth worm, but there is a problem, the two smaller fishes do not eat any food and the other ones eat some, I feed my fishes 4 time a day and change 35% of tank water with old one per a day but my small fishes dont eat (almost) any thing :(

Somebody tell me that it is because of they are in defferent size and small ones are in stress and its better to chage their place, but there is another Idea that they dont eat food because of my food type, I can not find any other foods that recommended for Discus in my city and I dont know what can I do for them?

I ask before for feeding with LIVER and some peoples in this forum asked me that they dont do that :(

What can I do with my poor small fishes
Please help me.

Carol_Roberts
02-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Heart and chopped up worms are both good foods for discus. Have you tried a divider in the tank?

Are your smaller discus hiding in the back of the tank, turning dark and pooping white, stringy feces? If yes, you may need to buy metronidazole, a medication used to treat intestinal flagellates.