PDA

View Full Version : Cycling

engineguy129
02-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been cycling my tank for about mmmmmmmmm well 2 months, I have added "Godwins" Pure Ammonia to help out with the fishless cycle, it has been about 3 weeks and no spike in nitrate and the ammonia is steady at 3 ppm. Kinda feelin a little sour, actually pissed is a better word since I have algae beating my nitrosommus to the punch. >>>>Deep breath...............alright this is a fishless cycle, the tank I am refering to is a 60 Gallon BB with an air powered hydro sponge and a Ac300 with dual sponges. I have cleaned my tank weekly (very carefully) mainly to rid of algae temp is at 85 F. I have double checked my regeants with tap water to ensure my ammonia test has not gone outer limits, good to go. I am thinking of chillin a little longer to see what happens, though it is painful and irritates me...........mainly because I have waited so long with research and cycling (5 months). Any and all ideas welcomed please.

Rob :-\

engineguy129
02-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Alright,
Got a solution!

Rob ;D

Top_Bhoy
02-23-2003, 06:23 PM
engineguy129,

your keeping us all guessing :)...I give up..what was the solution ;D

Chris

engineguy129
02-25-2003, 01:44 AM
Alright sorry my bad,
Basically I will do things the easy way, I re-sterilized my tank, Jeff from DiscusFarm said he would hook me up with a cycled sponge when I buy my Discus! So I am set!

I hope this helps anyone new and trying a fishless cycle like I was, if you have a pre-cycled sponge can add clean water, sponge (cycled) and fish.

Rob ;D

Carol_Roberts
02-25-2003, 01:57 AM
Yes, that makes for an instantly cycled tank. Many of us keep extra sponges going just for this purpose.

By the way, you don't need to sterilize your tank. Just change the water, rinse the filter and wipe down the inside. Refill with clean aged water add the fish and filter