PDA

View Full Version : Q. about diseases

Qbal18
02-25-2003, 10:22 PM
i am looking at getting 2-3 discus for in my 50g tank i have all the water parameters to where i want them and they are stable i have a few rams in there already and they are doing good. so now what i am looking for is info on were i can find help as in books or a web site on diseases ciclids get mostly discus but rams to would be nice. also would it be beneficial to get a good book on discus and if so what one would be good?

heavyp83
02-25-2003, 10:58 PM
A big book o' fish diseases might help like Fish Health, but I think this site alone should be all the book you need.

engineguy129
02-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Qbal18,
Penang Discus is by far the best, you can nab it at belowwater.com
and Discus Health by Deiter Untergasser is also a good one. But, the biggest secret is these forums everything you will read in both books I mentioned are here in these forums as well, the one think you cannot beat is all info here at simply is free versus buying a book, and the forums are up to date. Best o luck

Rob ;D

Carol_Roberts
02-26-2003, 01:59 AM
Yes, but the books have pictures! A good one for about $20 is Handbook of Fish Diseases by Dieter Untergasser. Penang discus (mentioned above) is the best all around discus book.

April
02-26-2003, 04:07 AM
I would suggest not 2 or 3 discus for your 50 gallon though. as 2 or 3 is not a good number. id say 4 or better yet.. 5. as even wth 4 you will end up with one being small and bullied. three is the worst number.and two is only good if male and female. which you wont know till their adults.
welcome..and keep reading. theres lots of info here .
i agree on the books. all of them are great.