PDA

View Full Version : Social interactions....

brewmaster15
02-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Hi everyone,
Have you ever noticed that many people visit a site like this daily, and many of the same names always show up? Sure there are always new faces, but in time People become friends here , and people have differences. Relationships form, others move apart. It may sound like a silly analogy but this site often reminds me of high school. Not in a derrogatory fashion, but in a nostalgic kind of way. I hated it while I was there, but I was never so much alive as those crazy years. And would love to be there again.

You go from middle school to high school . Big new place , many new faces, some already there have all kinds of friends. You struggle to fit in, make some friends, and you make some enemies. you may fight some of them after school, in the locker room, in the halls. Some you'll never be friends with , others you'll wind up as great friends.

Then theres the social groups, I'm friends with all of them except that guy, oh no, how to deal with it? The talk flys from person to person. And on its goes, feelings get hurt, true friendships get stronger, and eventually we grow up, graduate and move into the real world where the interactions are more limited and more reserve. Frankly its boring, until you find a site like this one. And suddenly you are back in school again, with all the good times and hard times.

I think this is one reason why I love this site so much. It has the same kind of feel as high school.Same energy, and same chance for growing. Sometimes its a great feeling, others its a real downer. I wouldn't trade it for the world though.

wheres this all coming from , and why? Its my way of saying to some people that post here that I'm sorry if my roll at the head of this site ever offends or hurts anyone by the decisions I make or by things That I am thought to say or believe. I do the best I can, and I am human and err,we all do. When you have a group of people as closely tied together as many of us are... Misunderstandings happen, feelings can be hurt without knowing you are hurting them. If i ever do this, I am sorry and ask that you contact me about it.

You can email me at brewmaster15 @att.net
or call me.. I've always posted my number... 203-484-0175.
If its a misunderstanding...I'll try to clear it up. If theres a problem, I'll try to work it out , and if its a difference of opinion ... I'll try to respect it. Its the best I can do here, and I am in sincere in my post.

I've always been proud of the friendly atmosphere this site has, and I never want that to change.

take care,
al