PDA

View Full Version : Something to replace with epsom salt!

amirnezhad
02-28-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi,

At this time I need epsom salt to save one of my fishes, but unfortunately I can not find epsom salt in some of drug stors :(, Now I want to know is there any thing else to use as epsom salt for a short time until I found epsom salt? and please tell me how can I use that?

Thanks

dm
02-28-2003, 07:37 PM
If you have a lfs near you they will have salt for your tank. Even Wall mart should have it. HTH

amirnezhad
02-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks dm,

You know I am new to english language as like as Discus ;D, so I an not understand the meaning of your words :-[. whould you please what is the meaning of LFS please?

Thanks

georgef
02-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Hi, Ali --

LFS is an abbreviation for "Local Fish Store". :)

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't answer your question about a substitute for epsom salt. :( What symptoms are your fish displaying? Maybe someone can suggest an alternate treatment if you can describe how the fish is acting. I'm a newbie as well, so I'm afraid I can't be much help but hopefully someone else can jump in...

George

Richman
02-28-2003, 09:56 PM
The proper name for epsom salt is "magnesium sulfate". See if you can find some of that.

amirnezhad
02-28-2003, 10:45 PM
one of my fishes has been shaking his dorsal and tail fins rapidly, rubbing against plant stems and drift wood. hei color change to dark color and it seems that he is breathing hardly and do not eat anything :( :-[

.. What symptoms are your fish displaying? Maybe someone can suggest an alternate treatment if you can describe how the fish is acting. ...

Carol_Roberts
02-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is used by people as a laxitive and a foot soak. Have you gone to a store that sells medicine for people? Tell the chemist (drugist) you want magnesium sulfate. Magnesium Sulfate draws water into the intestine, softening the stool so it is easier to pass.