PDA

View Full Version : Quitest air pump?

heavyp83
03-02-2003, 10:53 PM
As for small air pumps, whice ones has everyone found to be the most quiet? Thanks!

yogi
03-02-2003, 11:08 PM
I don't know if there really is one that is the most quiet. There are things you can do to help them be quiet. Make sure they are not rubbing against anything. Also rest them on something like a sponge, carpet, cloth, etc. This helps absorb some of the noise and makes sure they can't rattle against anything hard.

Tyler
03-03-2003, 12:19 AM
I have found the TetraTec line of pumps to be pretty quiet.......give 'em a try!

Tyler

Aquarius
03-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Yep the TetraTec DeepWater ones, also, I just bought a Luft Airpump, made by Coralife, very quiet. Sets on top of the 125 and doesn't bother the fish.

Russ
03-03-2003, 04:18 PM
I have found the Hagen Optima to be quiet, I also have a Luft air pump and the Optima is quieter.

03-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Single tank - Optima by Hagen with dual outlets.
Mulitple tanks - the Pump 40.Made in Japan. Can run 40 large tanks.
Jimmy.

Richman
03-03-2003, 09:13 PM
I have always liked Hagen Optima's. Dual outlets with air adjustment -- and quiet. I have three in operation.
A couple of months ago, I needed another air pump and on a whim, I ordered two Azoo 9500's from the good doctors. It is their largest one and was $17.95 (if I remember correctly). It also has dual outlets and air adjustment. The two Azoo's I got are quieter than the Optimas and they also put out more air. Amazing for a pump so small and cheap. Most air for the money I have ever seen. Of course, I have only had them for two months, so can't comment on how well they will hold up. So far they seem to be quite a bargain for under 20 bucks.