PDA

View Full Version : Cyclops Eze... great fry food!

brewmaster15
03-03-2003, 12:56 AM
I got this food from Jehmco.com

I really like this stuff as fry food. Anybody else out there use it? Its a great next step up from baby brine shrimp for fry. Its not cheap but its nutritious and they really like it.

This is my first time using it , I'm using the frozen version. I'd be interested in what any of your experiences are with it.

thanks,
al

fcdiscus
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
I have not tried the frozen Al, but my fish shy away from the freeze dried version! I have three cans! :( ??? Frank

brewmaster15
03-03-2003, 01:06 AM
Hi Frank,
when i was going to buy it to try, John at Jehmco told me the frozen was better so i went with it.

I've never been able to get my discus to eat freeze dried foods.

If I ever make it down your way I'll bring you some to try.

-al

fcdiscus
03-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Thanks Al! I trust John, and may try some before that. I'll let ya know. ;) Frank

Jason
03-03-2003, 12:52 PM
i like it never tried the frozen, I just mix a little in with de-cap bbs, they seem to take it.

dont use too much though! its really fouling and I hear its not good to feed it to fry exclusively-just supplement

Tyler
03-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the tip Brew.
So on what day do you start feeding it to the fry.....and around when do you stop??? Do you use it along with BBS?
Thanks....just trying to get this whole raising fry thing down still!

Tyler

fcdiscus
03-03-2003, 06:37 PM
I was sent a warning by a top-breeder/friend to read page 389 in Discus Health book before deciding to feed Cylops Eeze! Seems the hard shell in their tail could present problems! Just check this out before you decide to feed! Frank

brewmaster15
03-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Hmm, thats interesting Frank,
I haven't noticed any problems with it yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for it. Might have something to do with the size fry you are feeding?
In any case... I've been feeding once a day so far for the last 2 weeks and alls well.

When I spoke to John at jehmco he told me he had alot of discus breeders using this stuff, he did say that they used it after a few weeks of other feedings as it was a little large to replace BBS right away, which I did notice also.

So far dime to quarter size fry seem to do okay with it...

anyone else?

-al

Tyler
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks Al......I'll pick some up next time I make an order there.

Tyler