PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Plant/Discus dealers

Bleu
03-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Hi All

I reside in Atlanta Georgia and am planing an Amano style Discus tank.

1. Any local Plant/Discus dealers in or around the city...

2. Any recommendations on mail order sites...

Thanks everyone for a great forum! (hope to supply Pics in the near future)

Cheers Byron

Attached is an inspirational Biotope culled from the web

:D

ChloroPhil
03-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Ken Davis.

He's in Stratham, GA.

www.fishfarm.home.mindspring.com

Ralph
03-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi Byron and welcome to Simply.

I've never seen that picture before, thanks for posting it. Angels look almost as good as discus in a planted tank, and it has hatchets.

I've never ordered from Aquabotanic.com but I've heard good things about it, and if you haven't seen their website, they have an aquatic plant forum.

Keep us posted on the tank progress.

chavez720
03-05-2003, 01:29 PM
I will second Ken Davis on the discus. Purchased wild greens and heckels from him - all nice quality.

For the plants plan on attending the AAAA (Atlanta Area Aquarium Society) annual workshop and auction. They will have a tremendous amount of fish and plants up for auction. You will find many steals at this auction (Got 3" Heckel for $20 - sorry Ken!). What amano plants are you looking for? I am planning on bringing many plants for auction. PM me if you want first shot at the plants

See tanks at www.aquacharlotte.com

giroux68
03-05-2003, 02:56 PM
The fish store and more is on peachtree in buckhead. Prices on Disucs are high. There is a store on Bufford Hwy. that has some too. Head out to Ken's for the real deal, that's where I got 4 of mine.

Ralph
03-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Paul, why didn't you say something about your forum? That's the first I've heard of it. Can a non-Southerner join (I did live in Jackson, MS for a couple years)? Do a post and tell everybody about your site, if you want to of course.

Ralph
03-05-2003, 03:27 PM
I just saw your post, never mind.

You didn't mention the forum though.

fishfarm
03-05-2003, 05:02 PM
Hi Bleu, I'm low on domestic discus right now (maybe only 100 or so), but have a lot of wilds (Greens and Heckels and some altum angels!). Many people in the AAAA do plant tanks and we have plants every month in our after meeting auction. The spring workshop is April 12-13 and will have tons of fish and plants. Check out the monthly meeting and spring workshop. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com, Ken Davis President AAAA :)

ChloroPhil
03-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Ralph,

The whole site is designed to be a reference for the members of the Charlotte Area Aquarium Society. However, anyone is welcome, and encouraged, to post on our forums. It's a group for all flavors of aquarist, from Guppies to Marine and everything in between. You'll likely have to be a member of the group to contribute to the areas outside of the forums though.