PDA

View Full Version : vitamins

Qbal18
03-05-2003, 09:42 PM
i keep reading about giveing your discus vitamins now what dose that do for them? is it benefical even if you are not breading? (atleast right now) what do you use? what type? and were would be the best places to get it? i know it is a lot of questions but i have never thought of giveing fish vitamins befor. but if it will help them i am all for it. if it effects anything i am keeping them in a planted tank so i add a little Fe and some pottasium sulfate to the water alredy along with kent plant ferts.

Carol_Roberts
03-05-2003, 09:48 PM
some folks add liquid baby vitamins to their beefheart mixes. I just feed a varied diet including vitamin enriched flakes and pellets and live foods.

Qbal18
03-05-2003, 09:51 PM
ok i do not make my own food i get pellets and frozen foods soon also CBW so what woudl be some good foods that have lots of vitamins or do mine?

i have tetra color bits, min cichlid granuels blood worms and tryinfg to get them to eat mysa shrim just got soem yesterday at a real good price 6$ 8 oz can

Carol_Roberts
03-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Your present diet is fine. Your discus will love the CBW. I feed tetra color bits and ONF flakes