PDA

View Full Version : Feeding idea

CO discus
03-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Hey, everyone... I am new to Discus and new to the forum. Tonight, I'm pretty excited because the young snakeskin I have is all alone; but he's getting some friends tonight! ;) He's been bugging me, so I've got to help him out... Anyways, I just got back from WalMart and brought home a little plastic case (found near the tackleboxes) that has 8 little compartments. It was $1.37. I also keep Angels, and with keeping a variety of frozen foods, I now have a way to organize them. What I do is take the frozen bloodworms or whatever I will be feeding in my 5 tanks and drop it into one of the compartments. With WARM tank water, I bring the food up to temp. I've heard that by feeding (especially Discus) frozen food, you can actually lower their core body temp. So, not all the food may be used. I just cover it and put it in the dairy part of the fridge.
OKAY. Wish me luck tonight picking out some healthy young Discus. And BTW, I wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum. If it weren't for some of the people like Carol Roberts and Chong Ly (sp?) ... Well... Til next time.
Joe ;D

Aquatic_Design
03-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Hi Joe,
Great to hear you are getting more discus ;D Just make sure you quarantine them in their own tank for 6 weeks before adding them into the same tank as the other fish. You never now what little nasties may come in with any fish.
Donna :)