PDA

View Full Version : Discus available in Chicago

daryl
03-11-2003, 02:44 PM
All of these fish were originally bred by Samson Chung at Universal Discus
He asked me to be his representative in Chicago , and here is what is available today.
Same quality at a reasonable price.
If thier are any questions about who bred these particular fish Samson Chung did. Thier are other pairs in the fish room some of these strains also, but to clarify, Samson asked me to be a representative for him in Chicago his other buisness is taking all of his time. Since all the discus I have ever bought have come from him, he asked me to do this.. All my locally bred fish as of 3/12/03 have been sold to local shops. If interesed email me
at szyskadar@aol.com if you want to come by and take a look at the fish. I am in Chicago

I also have 2 young pairs available have paired off no good fry batches as of yet.( laid to wigglers thats it)
Angel blue diamonds 30.00 2.75"+
Red Diamonds 30.00 2.75-3.00"
Red Pigeon x Gold pigeon 2.5" 30.00
Red Dragon x Gold Dragon 22.00 2.5"
Blue scorps 2" 20.00
Marlboro reds 30.00 3"

Larger Adults prices vary

) Red Pigeon X Golden (M) 15 mths old
2) Sunrise Red (F) 13 mths old
3) Alenquer Red F2 (M) 20 mths old
4) RSG F3 (M) 22 mths old
5) Blue Scorpion (M) 26 mths old
6) Samerah X AlenquerF2 (F) 16 mths old blue head red body
7) White butterfly (m)
Here I sorted out some 4.5-5" most are very young fish less than 8-9-10 months old:
1) White Butterfly (7-8 mths old) 100.00
2) Golden Angel ( 7-8 mths old)
3) Red Pigeon X Orange Scorpion (9-10 mths old)
4) Golden Sunrise (7-8 mths old)
5) Maui Yellow F1 (10-11 mths old)
6) Marlboro Red (11-12 mths old)
7) Blue knight (9 months)
Thanks,
Daryl

Prefer not to ship, but can.
See Don I eventually got around to posting again,
Hi Matt, and Cary
I told you I was rebuilding, 4 more pairs and I am done.

brewmaster15
03-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Hi Daryl,

Samson asked me to be a representative for him in Chicago his other buisness is taking all of his time.. Great news! Good luck in the expanded relationship!

take care,
al

daryl
03-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks Al,
Samson told me in short he is very busy, and would I be willing to do this, I said sure. The good news is now every strain Universal has can be available for pick up and veiwing in Chicago,
the midwest is getting like the west coast slowly.
Now my wife really worries about the phone bill.
Daryl

Jason60625
03-11-2003, 06:46 PM
Great, Daryl. I'm moving into a new place mid-April and will have my tank set up by the end of May. I hope you'll have some then, too.

I have a question for you and any other Chicago discus keepers out there. Recently, I saw "Vietnamese discus" being sold at Old Town Aquarium. Is Vietnam actually importing now?

I went there in 1997 and saw loads of beautiful fish for next to nothing (in American dollars, that is). It was funny because awesome discus were selling for $5 each but they still saw the yankee in me and offered to import an Asian arowana to Canada for me at $3000--probably enough for the shopkeeper to retire with.

BLUEKNIGHT
03-11-2003, 07:15 PM
HI Jason
According to them they get the fish from vietnam. But the fish have good body shape and color but they are grade B because thier scales are really uneven there is like a swirling pattern on them.

daryl
03-12-2003, 09:27 AM
Jason,
Chicago LFS have their own way of doing buisness. Sure they could be from viet nam or countless other places. Or that could have been the guy that delivered them. Either way if they are nice fish , great, if not well?
Daryl

Paulio
03-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Thanks Al,
Samson told me in short he is very busy, and would I be willing to do this, I said sure. The good news is now every strain Universal has can be available for pick up and veiwing in Chicago,
the midwest is getting like the west coast slowly.
Now my wife really worries about the phone bill.
Daryl

The distributors in Florida and the West coast that I talk to say that the only reason Chicago isnt the hub for all tropicals is the climate. A few more years of global warming and who knows :o
I would LOVE to come see you and the fish when you are ready to go.

Paul

Don_Lee
03-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Good to see you posting Daryl! I will be calling you to stop in and take a look at the new fish soon!

Don ;D

seabass
03-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi Daryl,

How much do you want for the RSG F3?

Let me know Seabass

JeffreyRichard
04-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Has anyone heard from Daryl? I've sent several emails in the past week but no response ...

Jeff

BLUEKNIGHT
04-09-2003, 11:33 AM
Hey Jeff. Call him. Hes been a bit busy lately and i dont think he is keeping up with his e-mails i talked to him yesterday.

daryl
04-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Yes I am still alive , just incredibly busy , literally every day and night. Gary i emailed you and jeff today. All fish that were for sale are eating and growing all is well. And the bigger ones are forming new pairs every week. I like it this way.
Daryl