PDA

View Full Version : Won't eat anything else NOW

discusnovice
03-11-2003, 06:42 PM
I started feeding CBW a week or so ago and only once a day and now I find that they will not eat anything else.

Is it not good to only feed one type of food. Previously they would eat frozen brine shrimp, frozen blood worms as well as Hikari Discus pellets and Hikari Chidlid sinking pellets. I feed these above items twice a day.

I do not mind the expense of the CBW as I am sure that a pound would last me in excess of one month if I can keep them alive for that long.

citizenal
03-11-2003, 08:52 PM
I too have recently in the last week start to feed my fish black worms. They do eat other foods (Bloodworms, Tetra color bits), but not nearly as much as before> I am also curious if it is ok to feed your fish only black worms? What steps do you have to take to ensure that your fish still eat all type of foods? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fisheyes
03-12-2003, 12:02 AM
:bounce:
I am #3 . I also feed worms and have found they tend to refuse other foods. I know these are a great live food for disc but i am starting to think they should be kept for those emergancy times when your disc need a shot in the arm so to speak.
Trying to get mine back on flake,blood worms and beefheart
Fisheyes (")

Carol_Roberts
03-13-2003, 02:22 AM
Yes, they will eat a variety of foods, you just have to be firm and not give in to all the begging and upturned noses.

I feed tetra bits in the morning, cbw at lunch, flakes after work and cbw as a bedtime snack. They get used to a routine. The trick is to portion the cbw - don't feed them all they will eat.

Aquatic_Design
03-13-2003, 10:30 AM
I agree with Carol.
My fish tried the I won't eat anything but cbw until they found out mommy was willing to starve them if they didn't eat whatever I put in the tank. ;D
I don't use cbw all the time. I feed a large variety of foods. When I do get cbw I only feed them once a day at the last feeding. This way they are never sure what they will get but if they don't eat it they won't get anything else.
HTH
Donna :)

Brad NC
03-13-2003, 05:34 PM
If you need to break your fish of only eating CBW you should not feed the fish for 2 days and then start feeding what you want them to learn to eat little by little until they give in and except it. Then they will continue to eat it. Only do that for adults though. For younger fish, just don't feed CBW for a while and just feed them the other stuff until they eat all you give them.

Brad -

saints27
03-13-2003, 11:50 PM
Ive been there so I can understand where you are at ,i have a pair of blue Diamonds that wouldnt eat anything except live food (BW),It took 9 days of starvation before they caved in .
They do need a variety of foods or they will become sick.

Jamie