PDA

View Full Version : Forget water, how much you payin for gas?

Steve_Warner
03-13-2003, 02:34 AM
Hi all,
Well folks, the price gouging is getting ridiculous. I hear that Cali's are payin $3 bucks/gal for their gas. I got gas yesterday and paid $2.20/gal for it. I got gas in my wife's car 3 days ago and paid $2.07/gal for the same gas from the same store. What the H3ll is the world comin to? When will it end? The biggest joke is that it is a big ploy by the oil co's to MAXIMIZE profits while they have good "excuses" to use! Where is the mad scientist to invent a new fuel source? Actually, he's probably already been bumped off by the oil co cronies so they can keep a stranglehold on the market! JMO

Steve

Tonyintx
03-13-2003, 05:12 PM
I know this is gonna make some of ya'll mad but down here in SA were paying $1.79 for supreme and screaming about it.

jeep
03-13-2003, 08:13 PM
Steve,

While I'm all for a free market economy, I totally agree with you about the oil companies. Their prices are based upon speculation rather than supply and demand... >:(

How about $1.36??? ;)

Goldfish_in_a_bowl
03-14-2003, 10:25 AM
STEVE! ;D
When I left work Sunday it was $1.98 My fuel was being delivered so I jumped the counter and went out and filled my car up! All I know is every time I get a fuel delivery I get out my keys to change the pump prices! >:( then prepare for the public in general! LOL
I couldn't help think as I was filling up my OWN car.... :P :P :P If this was a Black corvette... Leather.. Convertable/T tops It wouldnt be as bad! LMAO!
I love it when people drive 20 miles into Elko to save two cents then drive back here. ::)
Speaking of work....... :o
TAKE CARE!
TTYL
K :gorgeous:

jeep
03-14-2003, 10:36 AM
I love it when people drive 20 miles into Elko to save two cents then drive back here. ::)

That's me :smash:

TOMMY
03-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Well the only thing I can suggest at this point in time is to make sure your car is well tuned and lubed. That is the only way to get decent mileage for the big $ we spend on fuel.

Tom

03-14-2003, 08:55 PM
http://www.bartcop.com/by-high-gas-lisa.jpg

Ha ha ha,

Dave

discuskrib
03-15-2003, 02:34 PM
what makes me fume the most is that we all KNOW that ALL the north american gas and oil companies will again be making RECORD profits this year. just like before 9/11 when they had jacked the prices up.

the other day gas here went up 10 cents a liter (that's about 40 cents a gallon!)

i knew i should have traded in all my savings for stock in oil back around christmas

DIZ
03-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Gas is $1.49 a gallon. Make it hard to travel to far to pick up discus
DIZ

TOMMY
03-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Diz, just mail order them! But then again, if you are within driving distance to the breeder....maybe they can meet you half way! :P

Tom

DarkDiscus
03-17-2003, 12:08 PM
The sad thing is there is little any of us can do about it. My only way to fight back is to stay home more and drive less and use less gas. It's not much of a weapon!

John

TOMMY
03-17-2003, 12:13 PM
You can car pool or take public transport.... I know, it can turn out to be a real drag when you are used to your own set of wheels. I bet you that Fed-ex is going to raise their prices again too! They call it the "Fuel Surcharge". Ridiculous isn't it!

Tom

03-17-2003, 12:36 PM
I used to work for a trucking company. Fuel surcharges aren't ridiculous. They're better then just jacking up the price (within the price) and leaving it there after fuel prices drop. At least with a surcharge it's identifiable and goes away when the price drops. There's not too many industries out there that don't increase their prices when their costs go up and fuel is one of the biggies in the transport industry. So long as it's tied somehow to the cost of fuel and isn't artificial it makes sense.

What really ticks me off is the fuel tax that the Canadian govt charges and then uses for other purposes. If you're going to create a usage tax to pay for the roads then you'd damn well better use the tax for its intended purpose. We have some crappy roads and no funds to pay for them. Drives me nuts.

Dave

p.s. when I worked for that trucking company I cycled to work. There were showers there and it was only a 20 mile round trip. Sure beats rush hour. Just another option (for some) to save $$$ on fuel.

April
03-17-2003, 06:58 PM
We were told in the paper the other day Vancouver is the highest in canada other than up north. think we;re at about 93.9 most days now for a liter. dont ask me to convert..i have no idea on conversions.!!!
I drive a honda accord.so under 30.00 to fill it up. but saw a lady pay the other day..and she paid about 138.00 to fill her suv!!!!!! i was calculating how many discus i couldve bought with that money. lol. what a shame...if only she knew she could;ve had a nice group of 6 discus swimming in the right kind of "tank" for that price!!! And i bet she goes through that almost every week. so she could have a new group of fish every week!!!

TOMMY
03-17-2003, 07:04 PM
It's kinda funny visualizing discus being poured into a car to be used as energy source....I could just see them peddling away in unison with their little fins! 8)

Tom