PDA

View Full Version : Discus Along Route 95.....?

SNap0283
03-14-2003, 01:21 AM
The end of next week I will be making the big move from Massachusetts to Florida. I've never been to a real Discus place..... just LFS.. do they count? ;) Anyway so my question, I'll be driving RT-95 the whole way and will have time for one... ok maybe two stops to look at Discus. Can anyone suggest to me where they would stop that isn’t too far off of Route 95?

Thanks
Jef

03-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Hi Jef.

No I don't think LFS count ;D

How far are you getting into FL ?

Ronald

SNap0283
03-14-2003, 03:36 AM
I'm going to St. Petersburg so I guess midway through?

Jef

03-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Dang I dont know anyone around there but you might IM Roger (that is also his real name) He might know something up there.

Sorry that I cant help more.

Ronald

03-14-2003, 04:54 PM
Jef, yes, call Joe and see if he will be around........
He is just off of the interstate as you are going around Washington DC.......Here is the link to his web site....
Well worth your time to stop....I'm sure you will have a few new travel mates for the rest of your trip :D :D

http://www.enchanteddiscus.com/
http://www.aquaforums.com/forums/

Randy

SNap0283
03-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Hey thanks Randy thats exactly what I was looking for! I did a little research on my own and found gwynbrook farms then I searched through simply and it seemed like a recommended place to visit... what does everyone think?? If anyone has more suggestions go for it!

Thanks
Jef

03-15-2003, 11:59 AM
Jef, yeah Gwynbrook is on the NorthWest side of DC and Joe is on the South East side of DC. Just make sure you call him before you head that way.....He stay's very busy and is out of town quite a bit.......Randy

brewmaster15
03-15-2003, 04:52 PM
I've bought fish from Gwynbrook in the past. Peter there was real nice to deal with and I was very happy with the stock I had gotten. His fish were the first I ever got to breed. This was 7+ years ago though.

I have heard that Peter Thode there has some extremely large Discus.... though these particular ones weren't for sale. IF you visit there, I'd love to see some pics.

thanks, al

DIZ
03-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Jef
If you stop to see peter tell him that Al the roofer sayed hello. He has a lot of fish. Have a good time
DIZ