PDA

View Full Version : Money saving tips from Home Depot!

sumptnfshy
03-20-2003, 05:26 AM
For those of you that aren't millionare discus keepers here are some money saving tips, with a little extra work and a little research you can save hundreds. I reacently purchased a new dual 4 foot flourescent fixture for my 75 gallon tank. The lowest price ive found for these at a local pet shop was $85. You can get the same setup @ home depot with the bulbs for about $30. They sell aquarium, plant, and sunlight bulbs each of which has a color temperature scale for those of you who require more precise lighting.
Also spend time surfing for products on internet pet suppliers websites. Ive found emperor 400 filters for under $40, aquarium heaters are also almost 50% less if you find the right webpage. happy hunting

Feel free to reply for more info.

dm
03-20-2003, 11:24 PM
Home Depot has got to be my favorite store. I also always buy my filters and heaters online. The markup at a store is unbelievable.

BlueTurquoise
03-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Actually same goes for nearly everything these days on the internet, not just fish stuff. Camera equipment, books, cds, dvds... it endless.

The money that you save sometimes is monumental!

Recently purchased a Lens for my SLR camera, RRP at local camera store is $1269AU (cheapest price after calling around and price matched lowest price I got quoted for). I jumped on the net and got it online, delivered next day for $980. I practically never shop at the shops anymore!

Fish related stuff: Aquaclear 500 filters. On the shelf at the LFS $175 is one of the cheapest prices you can get for it. Online inc delivery it is ~$155.

Sorry for ramping on!
Chong

April
03-21-2003, 02:45 AM
Pascale discussed the aquaclears before...in oz..and i couldnt believe the prices. and even the hagen rep was shocked...as ours are about 65.00 canadian here. seems alll your fish items are very costly. think they row a small boat loaded up with them or something.and have to pay the men to row all the way across the pacific or something.so the price is marked up alot.

Smokey
03-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Ahhhhhhhh .... hardware stores.. got to love them...

A mans palyground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Yes, the A/C are getting expensive; here they are $100.00cdn.

I just bought two Ebo Jager- 250 w heaters... got them for $46.00 each. Not bad, I guess.

smokey

Debo
03-22-2003, 08:58 AM
I also love finding great deals on the internet. But I I have to share what I have been through. Some one in Long Beach California got my Credit Card # and charged 900.00 worth of stuff. >:( I was lucky and caught it right away. And the card was canceled and the charges taken off. But yesterday received a call from a gift basket place that said there was a problem with the creditcard(bank refused charges ;D) I used to send a Nicole in California a gift basket. I don't know any Nicole in California ??? So the person who stole my # is still trying to use it. Some friend Nicole has!! Now I am afraid to use a credit card on line again. Is there a better safer way to go about buying stuff on the internet?
DebO

Fisheyes
03-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Buy on line but phone your order in with your credit card
( :-X)

BlueTurquoise
03-24-2003, 07:02 PM
You can say that again April! Some things are reasonable and cheap, other things (mainly imported brand names like Hagen) are expensive.

Anything not from this SE Asia reagion is expensive...

Chong