PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine questions

gemamanda
03-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Hi all! I've been keeping discus for only about a month now and I was given some discus for free! The catch is, they came in not so great health from their journey. My question is, what kinds of meds should I use to bring these guys back to good condition. As of right now, they're just being treated with Nox-ich and I wasn't sure about adding any other meds until they were atleast done with the ich treatment.

Thank you in advance for all those who answer. ;D

DISCUSDADDYSLC
03-22-2003, 11:36 PM
KEEP THEM AWAY FAR AWAY FROM ANY DISCUS OR ANY DISCUS TOOLS WATER OR AIR OF YOUR OTHER DISCUS AND THE INCLUDES YOUR HANDS. AND GOOD LUCK DDSLC

Carol_Roberts
03-23-2003, 01:41 AM
They may or may not need meds. Set heat to 88 add one or two tablespoons of salt per 10 gallons and watch them. (The 88 degree temps will kill any ick so you can stop that med.) Do daily water changes of 25% or more. Feed attractive foods like bloodworms or california black worms. Feed lightly until you see who if any are eating. The quarantine tank should be bare bottom so you can observe all feces and uneaten food. Let us know if they don't eat, have white stingy feces or hide in the corner adn turn dark

gemamanda
03-23-2003, 12:40 PM
They've actually been in 90 degrees for a few days now, one still has ich. I've seen dark feces on all 4 of them now, they only eat a tiny bit though. It just seems like I'm missing something. I'll take some pics later on today when I get off work (btw, I'm one of those "horrible" LFS people ;D)

BlueTurquoise
03-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Hi gemamanda,

Just give them plenty of good clean water and they should bounce back. Salt is the best thing for external problems.

Chong

gemamanda
03-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Sorry, no pics yet. They are all getting much better though. I decided to treat with clout for a couple of days and then the last two days they've just had fresh water and some salt. Still battling the ich (going on 10 days that they've had it.) but fins aren't hung down or anything anymore, all nice and perky! ;D