friend get sucked into all the evil in the world. I知 tired of sitting on
my *** and letting people walk all over me. I知 tired of acting like a
Christian, when really deep down inside I struggle more than I can
comprehend. I知 tired of having a boyfriend just so I feel like I知 loved
by someone. I知 tired of being who he wants
me to be. I知 sick of letting him get away with everything. I知 sick of
acting like nothing is wrong and letting people get away with hurting my
feelings. I知 sick of acting like a ***** at times when I feel like being
one, then getting **** for it by others. I知 sick of fighting over petty things. I知 sick of being the last
on the minds of others. I知 sick of dreaming, when I know my dreams won稚
come true. I知 sick of making decisions and reaping the consequences. I知
sick of holding in all my pain and sorrow. I知 sick of wearing a mask to
the world. I知 sick of lying in my bed at night crying myself to sleep.
I知 sick of playing with the face of death. I知 sick of throwing away my
dreams because of stupid mistakes. And of course I知 sick of myself...

Ok no one on this forum or anyone else for that matter would know that anything is wrong with me. I feel like I know you guys personally and I can post this because even though I know you, I feel safe beacause I am not just coming out and saying it to my family. I look perfectly fine on the outside, try to put on a happy face, go along with school, recieve good grades and honors, have college and carrer plans, go to work every day and get praise for my work ethic, take care of hobbies and play sports, and regularly attend church. All of those thing aside, I feel unfullfilled, I can only blame it on one thing. Many would just say "your young, love will come" or "take your time, life is not going anywhere." I'm sick of having a boyfriend who cheats or lies and then having him break up with me over an istant message program and then saying "i gotta go my friend just showed up" and then leaving me there to soak the keyboard with tears. And i hate that I let this happen even though i knew he was nothing for me. why can't I find any good ones that like me for me. I'm not some tall blonde who weighs 110 pounds and has green eyes. But i would like to think I have amazing things to offer someone and I hate that i cannot find someone who can see that.

I just needed to vent really really bad, and i'm sorry for any cuss words, they just came out and were best suited for the occasion.
thanks for listening
I love you guys,
kim

paulmat
03-24-2003, 04:17 AM
Kim
Don't be so down,the most important person to rely on is yourself. You can't count on to many people and that only becomes even moreso as you become an adult.You are a very together young lady with so much cool stuff ahead of you. Just remember that only you can make yourself happy,it comes from within.
Of course you can always seek a little comfort from your friends,and fellow discus lovers like me.
Heres a smile and a hug from me to you. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :wave:.

Paul :guitarist:

ReeferKimberly
03-24-2003, 04:42 AM
I know that i have to rely on myself. But the world makes being in love looks so wonderful, and i even thought i had that once. I found out it was false, I was immature and chasing something that didn't exist. Has anyone gone invisible on an im program and then comeback and wait for someone you like to instant message you, and when they don't, go invisible again, and repeat about 10 times er so? cuz i have, it meant nothing, it went on for months, and finally i realized I didn't even mean half as much to him as he did to me. This may sound stupid, childish, petty, or a handful of other words, and to tell you the truth, i feel a little stupid typing it. But when i was younger everyone said wait, you will meet someone soon enough, well that was years ago and i havn't met anyone. Many people always said they met their partners in highschool. Well i only have two months to go, and nothing, nada, zip. when is it gonna come along? i'm sure i'll hear, don't worry you will in college, or on the work force. well if i have to wait that long i think i'm gonna go crazy! thanks for listening again, still venting, and thank you Paul for those kind words. :)
still love you guys,
kim :-*

03-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Kim

The things that are happening in your life right now...and in the future is what's going to define what "love" really is and means to you...its full of trials, tribulations, fall flat on your face moments....its a learning process that never REALLY ends. Even when you've found it (or think you have) the hurt doesnt stop there...it just gets less and less as we learn what it is...whats important to us...and how much we're willing to accept and give.
And as Paul said....first and formost...you need to be happy and content with who YOU are and what YOU want before anyone else can make you happy.
Dont be in such a rush girl....your what?...16? You have ALOT of living and learning to do yet....lifes experiences are just starting to come at ya...some good, some bad....but they're experiences that you NEED to have to make you a whole person....
From my own experience....I spent a total of 16 years with my "highschool sweetheart"...had three awsome kids with her...house... cars... yadda yadda yadda...all held together with ******** and lies. We THOUGHT we were in love with each other, and actually believed that we were.
But now....nearly two years after the dust has settled...I think we both realize...that we never were "in love" with each other....sure, we loved each other....but thats not the same as being "In love"
Why/how did this happen...simple. We started out WAY to young...neither of us had enough "life experiences" under our belts....we didnt know "**** from shinola" let alone what love REALLY was....we learned the hard way.

Dont get in a rush Kim....when you rush, ultimately you fail.
Ive read lots of your posts...you seem to have a good head on your shoulders...keep it there! Think straight and make good decisions for YOURSELF, and life will fall into place on its own.

Tony
ps....dont ever think that because this is a discus forum that you should feel silly for saying the things you did. Lots of people come and go here....but there are LOTS of good people here...lots of good friends....

Mat
03-24-2003, 09:21 AM
It takes alot of courage to be as open as you have been, i wont patronise you and say things are always going to be easier they wont be, but if your willing to give yourself time life has a habit of balancing out, be strong dont take crap if you dont want to but be constructive.

mench
03-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Kim,yes you are young and you don't want to hear all the "older" people tell ya...WAIT...things really DO get better,and when "Mr. Right" comes along,you will know...Both my daughters are now grown and are starting familes of thier own,but I remember how it was when they were growing up...the older one is married to her high school,well grade school sweet heart,he is from the neighborhood and the went to grade school together and I remember my daughter telling us way back then that she was going to marry him when she got older,we just said Yea Right and thought nothing about it,well now they have been married for 6 yr. and we have a great 3 yr old grand son.
The younger girl was hell on wheels,no steady boy,she said she couldn't find one,did all the wrong things,did the club thing and all the things that go along with it...she was miserable most of the time ...Well she too found her soul mate,yea it took a lot longer than her sister but it will happen.
Kim,ya need to focus on the things that are going to be good for you..Family,first and most important,don't be afraid to talk to your folks...you may think they don't know or won't understand your problems...but you may be pleasantly suprised..As I told my younger one when she said.."you guys don't know how it is "..Well I told her that most likley there wasn't anything that she is doing or has done that her mom and I haven't done or worse..So give the folks a try.
Also don't rush to have the "true Love" ...it will come,it may take time but it will..took me till after I got out of the Air Force and was 21...
Just feel good about yourself,don't listen to so called friends that don't stand up for ya..If your current boy friend is a rat.tell him to hit the highway and don't come back....
You have a lot of friends on the boards,even if ya can't see them in person,so if ya want to vent in public or just want to send an e-mail to shoot the **** for a while ..feel free....
Just DON'T get down on yourself......
Well thats my ole guy lecture for now ..and don't roll your eyes,that was always a must thing to say to my daughters LOL.

Hang in there kiddo

Mench

brewmaster15
03-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Kim,
When I was your age, I felt as you, and even now, 20 years later, I still feel like that about many things. It doesn't get easier as you get older, you just learn to get used to dealing with it and realize these things aren't what counts. Its not the pain,heartache, confusion, and anger that counts. That all passes... what counts is what you do have, and who YOU are.
What do you like to do Kim, do you have hobbies, favorite kinds of books to read, enjoy a sunny day, hiking, camping, surfing the net..dreaming? Do you have family that love you and do you love them. Focus on these things, and all else will fall in place, not because they are some magic cure all, but because if you focus on these things, the bad stuff just doesn't matter. Live for Kim, and never change who you are for anyone, and you will do fine , and you will find what is really important to you...or it will find you.

Personally... I am glad you found this site and like the way you participate here. You strike me as a very caring and considerate person. Thank you for being who you are! :)

now ... smile...deep breath... and enjoy Life. Its a truelly wonderful thing when you look real close at it!

-al

SLY
03-24-2003, 11:33 AM
don't worry some day you will find your Mr Right which will worth all the wait. Better than Mr 9.9 ;D :P ;D

EthanCote.com
03-24-2003, 12:40 PM
Hey Kim,

These are great advices you have received so far. They are spoken with love and experience.

But I'll add a few of my own.

Rule One: Time heal all.

Rule Two: Lose the loser of a bf. Cut your loss and set yourself free. You do not need someone to make you whole or feel whole. This you have to do yourself. If you are not happy inside than no one can every make you happy, that is a fact. Ofcourse they can do it temporarly but eventually you will fall down to your low again.

It appears there are several issues going on in your life, one of which is to find "true love" or "mr. right". There is nothing wrong with wanting love, we all do, but you need to love and respect yourself first before true love really comes. Don't know why but that's part of life I suppose.

I'm one that strongly believes that things happen for a reason and in your case, there is a life experience to learn from this. Learn that he is not good and right for you and drop him and move on. You deserve better than this, you know you do.

I know it is always easier to give advice and much harder to take them. But deep down inside you already know what you need to do. Follow your heart and just know that with time, it heals all. It really does. I have been in your shoe and I'm sure lots of others have as well.

And right now, yer still young and will probably don't think you will get over him or find true love, let me tell you. You will!!! That is a 100% fact with 100% back up guranteed. But you will need to heal yourself first and place yourself on the right track. Let time heal you.

I have always believe that true love will find you when you least expect it. Its like Serendipity. (That is a great film by the way, rent it if you haven't seen it). So let things happen naturally and don't force it. Enjoy life. You are still so young. There is so much to do and experience. And the good news is that you can do this all alone, with families, or with good friends.

Don't be in a state that you think you need someone to make you happy or whole, cuz you don't. Make yourself whole and the rest will fall into place.

Cheerio,

Chi.

PS: Now go and do a WC young girl ;)

henryD
03-24-2003, 01:18 PM
Everyone here has given some great advice and I will not bore you by repeating it.

Instead I will tell you a little about my story.

My parents had a little rule. No dating until out of school. At first I hated it. Alot of my friends were couples and it made it really tough to hang out. I always felt left out. So I kept myself busy. I took sports, went skiing, read alot, kept fish, and a numbers of other things. In the end it help me find myself. I learn about who I was and what made me happy. I think it also made me a very well rounded person. (no fat jokes please, although they would apply) When I finally found someone in college (I was 21), I felt very comfortable being in a relationship. I was an individual in a relationship. I was not the relationship. Alot of people around me were busy trying to mold people or were being mold into things they were not. They were getting lost and very unhappy. In the end my rela did not work out. But I moved on and now I have a great wife. My wife and I have times where we do our on things and it is great. I don't have to be around constantly and try to make her happy. She is not co-dependant on me and I am not of her. So be SELFISH and learn about yourself.

Also there was a great article recently sort of about these things...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1405/3759686.html

Lil_Beth
03-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Hello Kim.......

Everyone has given you excellent advice.....

I totally understand where you are coming from. I myself am only 19 and I have already formed the conclusion that all men are DOGS....(sorry guys don't be offended), but you can't let that get in your way. It takes time, but we all find true happiness someday. I look at it like this, "It doesn't get any worse than this!"

I used to worry about guys and what they meant to me and that got me into a real bad situation.....I'm 19, Pregnant, still in highschool, jobless, and to top it all off he is nowhere around and I'm dealing with this all by myself....It really doesn't get any worse...., but just when I thought my world was coming apart I realized that I still had my mom. She was in a similar situation when she was my age and she is fine and I think I turned out o.k. The most important thing to know at this point in time is that there is always someone to talk to...(may or may not be family)...just as long as it is an ear or shoulder for that matter.

Oh yeah.....you sound very mature for you age, just as I am and maybe it's not you... It's them....I sometimes takes a little longer for guys to grow up. I have learned to live one day at a time and not to take what guys say too seriously.
For most guys our age " I LOVE YOU", means I think your hott or something like that. As women we must go on as if it means nothing until they have proven it. I love you is not something that can just be said. It has to be expressed.

Best Wishes and Good Luck with everything....

Courtney

Ryan
03-24-2003, 05:11 PM
As a young guy I'll post my take on all of this...

If you're in high school, or even college, and looking for true love, you can probably put that idea back on the shelf for a while. I'm not making a blanket statement about all young guys, but most are not ready for a deep and committed relationship. Why? They're young. They want to have fun. They want those life experiences that everyone in this thread has talked about. They want to party and hang out with friends and enjoy their youth.

Why are they different than girls? Well, they just are. They have different feelings and emotions and different ways of conveying those. Their priorities are often different. Most teenage guys don't want to get heavily involved in a relationship or start a family and for good reason -- most of them are not ready.

I read somewhere that guys aren't even completely finished with puberty until they're like 25 -- what does that tell you?

I know some very committed people, both guys and girls, who are my age and slightly younger. But in my experience they are few and far between. I don't date and I never have. Why? Because I'm 20. I want to finish school, enjoy my hobbies, spend time with my friends. Relationships come and go but friendships last forever. Or at least that's my take on it. I am happy with my life and with the people around me. That's what most people our age should be focusing on. You have a whole lifetime to fall in love and find "Mr. Right" and you're just getting started at 16... so why rush into it?

Ryan

brewmaster15
03-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey Lil_beth!

I myself am only 19 and I have already formed the conclusion that all men are DOGS....(sorry guys don't be offended), .. I resent that! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not all men are Dogs! Some of us try very hard not to use fire hydrants, and Howl at the moon only on camping trips. :) WE strive to walk on 2 legs with dignity and not going running around with the pack all the time.!!!! :)

But ... for those of us that are dogs... Dogs can be very loyal friends, when treated right. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D but both you and Kim, need to remember to stay away from the bad dogs.... you can't teach them new tricks.
-al

discuskrib
03-24-2003, 06:05 PM
first, anyone that believes ALL men are dogs MUST also know that ALL women are *****es

....neither of these statements are what i believe and i certainly hope everyone can see what is wrong with blanket statements like these.

second, for people under 20 "i love you" ~usually~ means "i think you are hot" regardless of gender

until people reach their early 20s almost everything about them is changing, especially their opinions and the people they are dating from month to month.

THINGS YOU CAN DO if you want to change the direction your life is going in right now:

1. join a club (maybe an aquarium club, scouts/guides, drama)
2. take up a sport, evening just walking
3. call up 3 people (guys or girls, not looking for dates here)
and make a plan to get together and watch a movie, make a pizza, play monopoly or even have an water balloon fight
4. take an interest course at a local college (good place to meet new people)
5. next time you are waiting in line make an attempt to learn something about the person behind you ..or start by just saying hello with a big smile.
6. whenever you meet someone ALWAYS try to compliment him/her after shaking hands even if you just say you like her shoes.
7. if you are single ask out one of the nerdier people you know for a date. doesn't mean you have to go on a second date (be up front that you plan on dating a few people) but most importantly make this person feel special (even if you don't think he is). now find someone else to go on your next date with and make him/her feel special on that date too
8. GET OFF THE COMPUTER

good luck
Dave

DISCUS USA
03-24-2003, 09:26 PM
hi kim,you must be feeling better by now (TIME HEALS ALL)100 % true.you are young and should not be looking for long term relationships,at your age i was haveing fun hanging out with friends ,none of us were concerned with mr or mrs right,just have fun with life as you go.Anyways most young people until the age of about 29 are more concerned with bettering their careers or getting ahead in life.Haveing a longterm person on your side will slow your goals in life.Not putting down long term relationships :-*.Have fun ,get tough. ;) ;)

ReeferKimberly
03-24-2003, 11:51 PM
all i can say is WOW! i hardly knew there were so many of you guys who cared about me! Sly, tisk tisk u ole dog... (no pun intended). I will wait, with this new job just getting started and the fact that i just got 30 hours next week on top of school, looks like i won't have any time for anything or anyone else, cept my fish of course ;).
This guy (danny to be more exact) is over and done with, i was just sad that i wasted years of my life with him (we went out for almost 3 years). I think i was way more into the relationship then he was, and also think he didn't see me as the person i think i am. He is 22 (i know know he old fer me, but it didn't matter..) and i saw him as a protector and i loved that, maybe i loved that more then him, i don't know. I was the "girl" of the relationship to the full extent of the word, i wanted to stay home and watch movies with him and go out for ice cream or ice skating, he wanted to go to a Sigma Phi Epsilon (frat) party or blading with his friends. Well i know if i ever get into another relationship with another older guy (anything over 4 years or so) i will definately be friends with him first for a loooong time b4 i let myself get too involved. Yes, i don't remeber who mentioned this, i think it was dave. I CAN'T wait to take some cool college electives next year, maybe water skiing or some wildlife class. if only they had a fish class ;D. And i think i wanna join a sorority, that sounds like a good way to make some fast friends.
I don't think all men are dogs, i think many are but there are definately a lot of good ones. and yes, i believe a lot of girls are *****es as well (we all have our moments ;) )
i'm sure there was morei wanted to say, but at the moment i feel a WHOLE lot better and am glad i have all these wonderful friend. thank you al for your kind words, i love this forum and couldn't imagine not having it.
thank you everyone for your compliments, they made me feel really good. I'll be around here forever you guys watch, so i hope i get to become close friends with all of you!
kim :-*

Goldfish_in_a_bowl
03-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Hi Kim,
I read you're posts.. Read them and so many emotions and thoughts went through my mind and Heart.
I am not so young any more! ;) ;D just had my 37th Birthday this month! :o and where am I? Every day I lay in bed and count to Ten about TWENTY times trying to make my self get out of bed and Go on with what is left of me.
I was married to who I thought was Mr Right. and I am sure he is Mr Right for someone...Okay... well Maybe not! LOL
any who.. as type I watch Three little boys Play on the floor, Beautiful faces and Perfect in everyway to me! ;D but surrounded by Boxes Packed of everything we own, ready to move to a new place full of uncertainties and basically "Starting over!" at the bottom of where I have worked so hard to be past in life I was sitting in a place in life that some if not all thought "we had it made!" and.. we did.. all but "WHAT MATTERED!"
My boys are now faced with Life as they have never known.. a Mom who was always been there 24-7, now working atleast five days a week, No Dad to come home and help with home work,tuck them in or be there.
My/OUR dreams of our family Shattered. I spent/WASTED a whole lot of time crying being SO ANGRY!! feeling I had wasted so much of my life. and I won't kid you that I don't have totally over whelming days with the same thoughts I just seem to have better days to go along with the sad days. but bottom line is I KNOW I made the right choices! as much as it hurts now and as much as it will change our lives..the Right choices are not always the easiest and can be the most painful but they are still the "RIGHT" choices.
I was not doing so well a year ago. Rock bottom would have been giving a bright side to a year ago, but at some point I decided that LIFE is what I choose and I will somehow see it through.
My Dreams and what I now see life as has changed.
and now that I look back... Changed for the better!
I was thinking just the other day as I face the New challenges of my days ahead I STG I am not going to make it! But.. I know I will! I have Great friends!(a few here had a HUGE part in Pulling me through what I never thought I could make it through!! (You know who you are... You know I will forever LOVE and ADORE you! And forever and Always Be grateful to you!) I have Family and my Boys.
I Keep busy, I look at life differently ( I think Better now) Watch whats left of my fishies and make jokes about Cherry barbs to ease that pain.... ;D ;D I know Life is Good! and I know with time it will only get better!(I just want to skip to the looking back thinking that wasn't so bad part now! LMAO!)
So.. I guess my point of this Endless drival and Few if any would ever think Imagine that my life as I JOKE ENDLESSLY!! was anything but Roses! and... Kim ya know Life is ROSES... Ya just have to Sort through the thorns once and awhile! ;D ;D
I know all the "Hang in theres"... "The Time heals all"... just don't cut it when the pain is so bad but Time has a way of changing things You just have to decide to make that Change be for the "GOOD" and ten bucks and most us can tell you from experience this Moron that treated you badly... well... Give it time they always get back what they give and Twenty bucks says... time you will look back and think "WHAT THE... Was I thinking!?" and he will have huge regrets.
Hang in there! Things have a way of working themselves out. You have to believe!!
But formost and ABOVE ALL....
Believe in YOURSELF! LOVE YOURSELF! after you learn to love and respect yourself, the rest will fall into place. THE RIGHT PLACE! ;D
Take care Kim! I am always here well not always here.. .but Ya know! LOL
Plenty here know where to find me if I am not,
Just let me know.
Karen :gorgeous:

BlueTurquoise
03-25-2003, 01:47 AM
My darling little Kim,

Please don't feel so down about life. All I want to say is I met the love of my life during Uni years and she was already 3 years out of uni.

High School is such a small pallet of people to work with, it's like trying to paint yourself a Picasso with only 3 colours! In hindsight, all the people in my highschool were geeks, esp the "cool" crowd. All the members of the "cool" crowd nowabdays are losers!!! (I went to my 5th year HS reunion... it was shocking... :o )

Anyway the world is so huge and wide, and so full of many interesting, wonderful and very nice people out there. Don't think that if you don't find someone by a certain point, you are doomed forever. Pffft... come on, you have only met a thin slice of people in your lifetime. There is a WHOLE world of people that you have not even comprehended let alone met!

You sound like a very intelligent young woman with her head screwed on right. That is hard to find in a person and I am sure, infact 100% sure that whoever will be with you in the future is going to be one lucky guy! I am not just saying this to chear you up, it is the truth!

Don't rush into things, and at the same time, don't let it dominate every fiber of your being. If you grow and find yourself, then it will be easy for someone else to find you! If your own life is undefined and murky, and you are not sure of you, then how is someone else going to discern you and identify your true character? It's impossible!

Remember you cannot truly love someone without first loving yourself, it's true! For only when you love yourself, your life, your heart and mind, can you know what love is. And only when you know what love is, can you give it away freely and whole heartedly.

When I look into my wife's eyes, and I tell her I love her, I know what I am saying. I feel the truth and immotions deep in my heart becuase I know what it is to love and to care.

Bottom line is, find yourself first. It makes it easier for others to find you!

As for you being sick of things, don't be defined by your environment and people around you! Stuff what others say. You and only you matter to you. Don't be a pawn of society! grab it by the short and curlies and mould it to the way you want it. Remember Number 1 comes first, second and third everytime! if it's ever not that way, pull harder of the short and curlies! Don't settle for anything less that what you are happy with. At the same time, don't be too hard on yourself. Life only gets harder...

Cheer up darlin! everythign is sweet! believe me...

Chong

Don_Lee
03-25-2003, 03:19 AM
Hi Kim,

I too have been feeling a little down lately. I am glad that you feel you can share your feelings here, and can see how many caring people there are on this forum. You have received much good advice here, listen and learn from it. Most of all, read over your own words and try to understand yourself and how perhaps you can change to help you feel better. Life can be better, hang in there.

Don ;D

ReeferKimberly
03-25-2003, 04:13 AM
judging by the words of all of you, i cannot dought that as I grow up I too still have some maturing and a lot of learning to do. I will remember and try as hard as I can not to rush everything. These stories of love are giving me great enthusiasm and are subduing my worries about life. I don't want to get all philosophical on you guys so stop me soon. It is hard to get over a bad let down and I am sure the pain will not go away for a long time. I am getting back into the swing of things and have just gained about thirty male coworkers all with great personalities so far and all between 16 and 22 or so. Maybe something will come out of that....who knows ;) I am excited to begin a new era of my life and am sure many wonderful experiences will come of it. Your right about highschool, there is little opportunity for a substantial relationship as everything and everyone is superficial and shallow.
Even when all is said and done, the desire to be in love will not end and I hope it doesn't. It gives me something to looks forward to,engagement, wedding day, honeymoon ;), first pregnancy, first boy or girl, boy will be Benjy and girl will be Micah, career, grandchildren.......and all that other fun stuff. Thank you for your words of inspirartion and care. They will not soon be forgotton.
Kim :-*

http://www.ruscelli.com/images/mmmg4.jpg

http://www.ruscelli.com/images/Image_2.jpg

just can't wait :)

jeep
03-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Kim,

Been there for a very long time and it's taken me that entire time to somewhat figure it out and I'm still lost.

Always remember, it's who you choose to surround yourself with that makes you who you are. It's your decision, not theirs.

You seem like a very smart and sweet person. Don't let bad people get you down, and always remember to "...PUT ON A HAPPY FACE!!!" :) :) :) :) :) :)

discuskrib
03-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Kim,

do you realize that you don't have to wait until you are out of highschool to take interest course at a college? sure, you may not be allowed to take any real courses that will count towards a diploma (although sometimes you can even get around that by talking with guidance councellors at your highschool and/or college) but they usually have interest courses that anyone can take. some of the evening courses they may even allow you to take without getting credit ...believe me this has the potential to get you much farther in life (career-wise) than anything else you do in highschool. well, other than really sucking up to friends parents that may be able to get you a good job.

also, at your age be VERY careful dating anyone more than one or 2 years older than you. chances are they will rarely introduce you to family or friends, or go to many public places. there are 3 reasons for this: 1) obviously just looking for sex; 2) family and friends will not just see him as an immature deviant but will also KNOW he is; or 3) he plain has no real friends because everyone his age knows he is an immature goofball.

most importantly out of all this Kim you need to know that you can only get out of life what you are willing to put into it. when life gets you down there are ALWAYS options to bring you back up. you obviously found one of them by joining SimplyDiscus. keep looking and you will find more.
i can give you lots more suggestions if you think you get stuck.
good luck
Dave

BlueTurquoise
03-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I second what Dave says. Look there are nice people and the world is grand, but there are also equally the same number of sleezballs too. Just don't sell yourself short.

Remember what I told you, Number 1 comes first, second and third EVERY SINGLE TIME! and if anyone ever tells you differently, you send him to me! >:( :whip:

got it?

Chong

ReeferKimberly
03-25-2003, 07:33 PM
I know I can take college courses like that already. I sort of have, I go to water polo camps and retreats with the local community college and i get credit for it as well, that just lucky! but i will be out of highschool in 2 months anyways so i don't have to wait very long. I don't have the time even if i wanted to. Imagine going to highschool, work, college classes and still having time to clean a BUNCH of tanks every day! now that would take a superhero!
Chong, I will be sure to send all the bad ones to you!
I have always only been interested in older guys, most who i have seen have acted more mature, with the exception of this last one. We were not totally exclusive so i still got to date others. He always made me feel sort of insuperior but thats just always gonna happen when you date an amateur body builder woh has been a lifeguard practically all his life! i know, sounds pretty bad eh..
I'm sure i will continue to date older guys as i am not attracted to younger ones, with the exception of a few. I'm not trying to cut anyone out or judge before I meet them, that is just how it seems to go. I may get a bit derpressed at times but I will not even consider dating someone who is only interested in sex, as Danny was bad, but he still wasn't like that. We had out great moments and our bad. I don't wanna make him out to be the devil or anything, as he could be a pretty great guy sometimes. if he wasn't i'm sure i would no feel so sad about not being with him.

"When we live with resentment toward another our hearts close down. Letting go of our resentment frees us from placing blame on them and allows us to look toward ourself for peace."

Immature love says, "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says, "I need you because I love you."
Erich Fromm

The hardest thing about growing up is that you have to do what's best for you even if it means breaking someone's heart. Including your own.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
Robert Frost

Luv ya,
Kim :-*

BlueTurquoise
03-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Good for you Kim!

Take care my dear.

Chong