PDA

View Full Version : F1 wilds???

gemamanda
03-27-2003, 01:24 PM
Alright, I'm fascinated by the colors of the wild discus (especially the green tefe), but my question is:
Are there any F1's or such available? If yes, do they still retain the beautiful coloring as the wild parents?
I would love to get some wilds, but don't think I'm ready for the de-parasiting and all yet. :-[

Zackie
03-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Rocky Mountain Discus (In Indiana!) lists F1 Browns. I just sent off an inquiry about getting some. It seems we're at the tail end of the importing season from SA so wilds are becoming more scarce until November.

gemamanda
03-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks! I wasn't too concerned with getting them right away, just wondering if it was possible.

bmrin1
03-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Yes there are F1's available. Mike Wells recently showed a pic of an f3' red spotted green that is absolutely gorgeous.
Hope that is of some use
Brian

brewmaster15
03-28-2003, 07:28 PM
If all goes well, I'll have some f1 's from a wild GreenX checkerboard PB in a few weeks.

I also have some f1's from a wild greenX bl ss cross that are finally pairing up.... maybe fry in few months.

gemamanda- just an observation...

but don't think I'm ready for the de-parasiting and all yet.
--- wilds actually have less parasites and diseases than many of the domestics for sale., and the things they do have are easier to cure....IMO. There are some good sources for wilds out there... GO FOR IT IF YOU LIKE THEM!!!!!!!! :)

hth,
al

gemamanda
03-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I saw your webpage and, I must say, there's a lot of great info! The wild green & snakeskin cross sounds interesting! Keep me updated on how they do and look. ;)