PDA

View Full Version : What size is your planted tank?

dm
03-29-2003, 12:42 PM
What size and also what plants and fish do you have in there (besides Discus)? I have a 55 with three Discus, a few Cardinals, a few Glowlights, and a small Pleco. I don't have great lighting in this tank so I have the typical low light plants in there and even they are not doing great. I am going tohave to upgrade the lighting when I can scrape up some extra cash.
What do you have?

ChloroPhil
03-30-2003, 01:25 AM
Right now I've got a 90, 20L, 20H, 10, 2x 5.5, and a 3 getting ready to be reinstated after my recent move. I'm getting a 55 and a 30 from my neighbor to be put in the same rack as the 20s, and whatever else it takes to fill out a 10' wall. It'll probably turn out to be another 30 and two 20H. Oh yeah, they're all going to be planted with whatever I can get my little green hands on.

At this point one of my 5.5s has three Pygmy Gouramis, two Pygmy Corys, an Otto, and an unknown number of Amano Shrimp. I've got 3 Apistos, 3 Paradise Fish, and 3 Harlequin Raboras awaiting release from their holding tank.

Tony
03-30-2003, 11:27 PM
a 55 gf tank, with 5gf, 2 bristle nose and 2 white cloud. water sprite, java fern and java moss (powered ugf, canister, with heater @25C)
a 55g pleco tank with 1 pleco, 1 clown loach, 2 cory, 1 kuli loach, couple guppy, couple neon, couple rummy nose
valessa, java moss, water sprite(canister and heater @27C)

55g disucs, and 180g disucs bb but with plant. floating or in pot or hanging out of the tank. (both are sponge and canister, 55g @30C, 180G @28C) 55 is a grow out, 180 is a display...

Ekar_Ogrit
03-31-2003, 02:42 PM
I used to run a lot of "little" tanks, but the maintenance was taking too much of my time. That's why I went to having just 1 big tank (240G). I currently have in qauranteen 6 wild discus, 12 simulatus cories, 12 reticulatus cories, and 30 cardinals. They will be joining 2 turqouis discus, 5 Pearl Gauramis, 3 SAEs, and 1 flying fox already in the 240.

Ekar

Harriett
03-31-2003, 07:48 PM
I have a 180g tank with 8 discus (number will increase shortly but I think I'll quit at about 15), a herd of 25 cardinals and 6 rummy nose tetras, 4 clown loaches, some good for nothin torpedo sized SAEs, a half dozen cories, and a few dwarf bristlenose plecs that I rarely see. Plants: an assortment of swords (rubins and marble queens doing the best right now), some stands of various crypts, a red tiger lotus, a stand of sunset hygro, some different little to mid sized grasses, and a bunch of anubias--some of the big ones and some of the little guys. The lights are 400w of CP. I have a ton of driftwood in there. I think my water's a little hard for ferns--never get them to stay in good shape so I quit. Tank's been up and planted since May, got the first discus in July. I keep a 20g QT/hospital tank running in another room with a couple cories in it. I would post a pic but I still don't have a digital camera, though I feel one moving thru the cosmos in my direction!
Best regards,
Harriett

RAWesolowski
04-07-2003, 11:00 PM
I run a 36 bow with 8 medium discus, 3 dwarf bristlenose, 7 gold tetras. Yes, I know that's too many discus in a tank but I like it and the water change is 50% per day. Centerpoint is a a large knot of wellaby wood with a couple of amazon swords, carpet swords, crypt wendtii and an alternanthera that I keep chopping back. Ehaim II and aquaclear. Base is laterite and gravel without CO2.

30 has 5 discus with two dwarf bristlenose also with wellaby wood, alternanthera, carpet swords, wisteria. Aquaclear. Base is onyx and live gravel.

ronrca
04-08-2003, 09:51 AM
Im running a 90G with only 3 discus, 7 cardinals, 6 otos and 1 gourami! Quite understocked since Im concentrating on getting the algae situtation under control. Im also fighting some kind of disease in the 90G that looks like bloat therefore no new fish until I do not see some symptons for at least 4 weeks.

Anyways, the substrate is 50/50 gravel and flourite. Im also using C02 pressurized system. The light consists of 6 fluorescents 'overdriven' as I call it therefore around 300W total! Using a Filstar XP-3 canister filter. Fertilization is a local brand made by a hydroponics store. This is added 3x a week including nitrate and P (potassium or phosphate I cant remember anymore).

You can see pics if you click on the website link! They are dated so check out the most recent ones!

canuk
04-08-2003, 04:53 PM
I have a 90g, 5 discs, 1 bristlenose, 1 mustard, 1 goldy, 1 snowball, 2 raphies, 10 ottos, 2 flying fox. Lots of driftwood and various swords and hygros. I have a line on a 230g for a good price. My 70g has 8 fronts,2 peacocks and 2 tropheus

thebaglady
04-10-2003, 11:43 PM
but I still don't have a digital camera, though I feel one moving thru the cosmos in my direction!

That's just how i feel Harriet!! Sigh.

04-11-2003, 02:35 AM
One 75g planted discus tank, just sand plants and lots of wood. Three 3" discus (two marlboro reds and a pigeon blood, hopefully increasing soon), 4 german blue rams, 4 rummies, one 7" black ghost knife, one 5" L200 pleco (great lil guy at eating algea), and one 2" L114 pleco that i have seen twice in 2 months. Ill get pics of it after i do a tear down this weekend to clean up and change the substrate. Oh, and plants are amazon swords, tiger vals, and a thin leafed foreground/ground cover plant i cant remember right now. 160watts of home depot shop lights, temp at 30'C, silica sand, and a fluval 404 i wish i had upgraded >:(

One planted 52g "Mutt" tank, got angels, clown loaches, harlequin resboras, cardinals, zebra danios from cycling, a betta, and a 6" striped rapheal. Been thinking about doing maybe just doing rams/loaches in it.

An emtpy 20 gallon BB, and a 10 & 2 gallon coming from a friend digging them outta his basement.

Almost everybody started out in the 75, then slowly got moved after i got the discus bug. More coming, just never enough ;D