PDA

View Full Version : Skipping a feeding day for young discus?

Russ
04-06-2003, 03:04 AM
I read that it's a good idea to skip one day of feeding per week with discus to let there digestion tract clear, is this only with adult discus or do you do the same with young discus also?

Russ

Carol_Roberts
04-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't skip a full day's meals with growing discus. Do you not feed your child all day to clean out his digestive track?

04-09-2003, 01:12 AM
well its better on the food bill

darcy
04-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Nope never have never wil!!!! Carol has a great example there!!!!!! If I didn't feed my Daughter Emilee for a day all hell would break loose, my young fish would do the same!!!!
Darcy

fcdiscus
04-09-2003, 02:29 PM
I have heard this, and though it would not really hurt adults, I see no reason for it. Frank

Smokey
04-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Personally speaking - I do let one day go by without feeding the larger discus. Always feed the fry...they need to keep up their strengh.
My thoughts are - If I happen to be away or unavailable to feed.. the disucs will not get to upset. Sort of a training thing.

Besides they appreciate me more when I do feed them and not take me for granted. lol...

Hey, I'm not a slave.......

What's that, your hungry, o.k. I'll be right there.... sorry , got to go.... feeding time...AGAIN !!!

Smokey