PDA

View Full Version : The things we do for our pets!

brewmaster15
04-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Aside from Fish, do you ever look at your pets and shake your head saying something like... man have you got it made.!

Think about it...

You feed them, dump their litter boxes, walk them and pooperscoup after them, pay for their doctors visits, shots, toys, etc. They are basically dependents that you can't claim on your taxes. In return for all this, they give you their love, affection, and Trust.

For many of us they are family, and when they are hurt , we hurt. I'm writing this because I just dropped one of my Family members off at the Vets. for Surgery. My 12 year old main coon cat... has to have 4 teeth extracted today.One was so infected, it amazing she could eat. Its funny, the doc said... I have to forwarn you it will probably be over $400 dollars....If it had been my truck... I'd have swore up and down... But one of my pets.. didn't even phase... I just remebered back 11 years when I picked her up at the homeless shelter, and how she purred up a storm, and wouldn't let me put her down again. She was terrified there and almost put to sleep because she wasn't friendly to the prospective adoption familys.

In the 11 years since then she has never been in that situation again. And as I lifted her out of the pet carrier today , she wrapped her big catcher mitt main coon paws around me , like she did 11 years ago, and purred that nervous purr. Talk about feeling guilty as I left there.

Think I'll be worried she won't survive the anesthesia all day... count on! I'll be thinking about her all day long, and hoping there are no complications. Shes not exactly young. :'(

-al

Ryan
04-09-2003, 10:23 AM
I've always wanted a Maine coon... Got any pictures? I checked shelters for like 6 months and never found one. I did find a lot of other kittens and puppies that I wanted to bring home though, so I stopped going... it was too hard to leave without an armful of babies...

Ryan

henryD
04-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. My wife treats our dog better than she treats me.

Here is a picture of our pound puppy. She is a mix. 1 year old this month.