PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong?

Qbal18
04-18-2003, 01:02 AM
i ahve a discus that eats very good its feces are still normal but not as much as my others but it looks like it is loosing body mass in the belly and lower half of its body mostly but a bit all over. could this be an internal worm or a parasit of some sort? i am clue less when it comes to this. also it is showing its black lines very domanatlyover the rest of the fish.

Ryan
04-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Is the fish being harassed at all by the others? Sometimes the fish on the low end of the totem pole don't get as much to eat. How big are they? Have you ever tried worming them? I guess if it became a problem you could put something in your food. My fish ate well but never seemed to put on weight. I was told to deworm.

Ryan

Qbal18
04-18-2003, 01:29 AM
i have 2 2.5-3" and 2 4" the smaller ones acually eat more then the bigger ones (i just go the bigger ones from april) i have not tryed worminig yet i am getting some prazzi soon though just thought that it may be a proble or issuse that it was loosing body mass. and no it is not being picked on i dont think at least

hkong
04-18-2003, 01:30 AM
How old is the fish? Assume the worst, I would separate this fish from the rest of the Discus asap.

Qbal18
04-18-2003, 01:35 AM
i have had the fish for just over 2 months now but i dont knwo how old they acually are. hting is he eats more then any of my other fish accually.

discus_nw
04-18-2003, 02:34 AM
I would suspect nematodes from your description of the fish. You can try prazi which will have no effect on roundworms. Flubendazol will as will piperazine.

Qbal18
04-18-2003, 02:08 PM
wher would i get that stuff then?

April
04-18-2003, 02:21 PM
piperazine you could get from king ed.
flubendazole is harder to use.
panacur also you could use.but in food.
id try the prazzi first when you get it.
see how that goes. its easy and mild . sounds like he has some intestinal stuff going on for sure though. at least hes eating and has dark stools.