PDA

View Full Version : Reeds 'No BS Fry Food

jake
04-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Has anyone here used Mike Reeds 'no bs fry food' ?

04-19-2003, 02:25 AM
I've used it...I wasn't very impressed with it...the fish eat it...they don't go after it like they go after live or frozen BBS(baby brine shrimp) I also found the growth of the fry was really disappointing compared to the growth I've had from feeding brine shrimp...I've still got some, I use it when I forget to hatch brine shrimp ::)

IMO if you've got fry you're much better off hatching brine shrimp...

david

Rod
04-19-2003, 05:26 AM
I agree with David, i tried a packet of it for my discus and wasn't really immpressed, bbs is cheaper and better IMO.

Jason
04-19-2003, 07:34 AM
Same here I wasn't impressed, it was ok as a supplement though.
All it seems to be is a shrimp powder that's screened to different sizes. If your looking for something like that, try finding the aquaculture developed larval feeds, alot more real money and research has gone into those products.

jake
04-19-2003, 11:33 PM
I have seen it, havent used it, but it does smell like a sifted shrimp/fish meal.

thanks for the input,

now if I can find out if anyone uses rotifers ::)

worked well for me back in the middle ages,

RichieE
04-29-2003, 11:09 AM
About two weeks ago I had to take the parents away from week old fry. First the male got rough with the female wanting to do the job himself. Then he started picking off fry. I tryed to raise 25 fry on just BBS and NO BS but was not successful. They were probally to young to seperate but I would have lost them anyway.
I would agree with the others here. Its a good supplement but I wouldnt depend on it alone. Rich