PDA

View Full Version : Air Pumps

Chaz
04-19-2003, 09:35 PM
I've seen lots of posts on favorite sponge filters etc.. How about air pumps? Any favorites? I'm in the market for something quiet that could run a few sponge filters.

gary1218
04-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Several of us here recommend talking to John @ jehmco. He comes HIGHLY recommended.

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARDWARE_/Central_Air_Pumps/central_air_pumps.html

GARY

jeep
04-20-2003, 09:32 AM
The Rena 400 is a good budget air pump.

04-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Hi,

the best pump that i have found is Fritz 30/80.

It is more powerful than any Rena and costs only 18 $.

Second choice will be the Luft pump.

If you go at http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

there are some japanese pumps that some of the members recommend, though i don't have experience with them.

alex

Tyler
04-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I use a couple TetraTec 200 pumps here and there, and they run two Hydro 5s real good. Very quite and only around 20 bucks, so not so bad.

Tyler

Aqua Messiah
04-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Tyler is right, Tetratec's have a lifetime warrenty and seem to really drive airstones well in deeper aquariums. I own six and have never had a problem.
8)Rob

breed_beyond
04-20-2003, 12:42 PM
I recently got a tetra deep water 24-2 and it powers 4 hydro 4's perfectly, and it's very quite........

jake
04-21-2003, 12:11 AM
I bought some stuff from John of Jemco two years ago at the killi show in Niagara Falls,NY, good discounts for the show, super next day service on shipping, and teh brine shrimp eggs are some of the best I have had,

so on the new hatchery I want I will get one of his linear piston pumps, he had one set up at the show and it was awesome, I know a number of marine hobbyists who love them, I am getting the '2nd' one, but the smallest one will blast air out of over 20 outlets. No wimpy little bubbles.

I will also get my sponge filters from them as well as some other things, if he has it I will buy from him rather then another source,

competitive prices and super service. and I amnot a stockholder or employee. Just a very satisfied customer. :bounce: