PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Easter Animals.

April
04-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Battle of the Easter Animals.
We have our traditional Easter Bunny....who we all have known since we were little....and
couldn;t wait for our Easter eggs to be delivered each morning. And of course there;s the song;Here
comes Peter cottaintail
Then comes along the Easter Rabbits new competitor!! The Easter Bilby.!!!! Who resides In
Australia and is becoming an endangered species.

April
04-20-2003, 10:29 AM
What d'ya think?
which one of these guys should be delivering those yummy easter eggs?
lets see....a Bilby has a pouch to actually carry the eggs in..and they are nocturnal. so they might actually get the job done at night before the kids wake up.

bristoldiscus
04-20-2003, 01:07 PM
What do they taste like?? ;D

Ryan
04-20-2003, 03:43 PM
LOL... AAAhhhhhh... He's kinda scary looking. Looks like someone bred an opossum with a rabbit. They are marsupials? What are they related to? I told all my friends the story of the Easter Bilby and now they want one. Guess they'll have to move to Australia... maybe some removalists can help them pack up their furniture and stuff...

Ryan

jeep
04-20-2003, 04:25 PM
:)

nalah
04-21-2003, 05:48 PM
we still very much do the easter "bunny" thing here.

though i still wonder what a rabbit has to do with eggs.LOL

it only started a few years ago - the chocolate bilby was to raise money to help save what remains today of these marsupials.
the greater bilby - very low numbers
the lesser bilby - presumed extinct.

interesting little creatures. when caught by a preditor,they release clumps of fur into the animals mouth to get away.