PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

iceskater
04-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Happy Easter everyone.

I have had 2 discus now for about 6 weeks. Things were going great with no concerns at all, Thanks Carol. I am getting a new batch of Discus next Saturday, so murphy's law now I am beginning to get worried.

Both of my discus were eating like pigs, greeting me at the tank and real healthy. Over the last 2-3 days one of them is getting real shy, hiding from me and being picky over what food it will eat. All it seems to like now is frozen brine shrimp and not eating it at the rate it was say 4-5 days ago.

I do have black feces in the tank, of course I have no idea which of the Discus produced it. I also noticed some white small substance. Now Carol, already told me that frozen bloodworms have white casings. My question is: How can I tell the difference between food casings and white feces. I hope it is something real obvious. I noticed red on the end of one, which gave me hope it is just uneaten food. Oh one other thing, I do not see alot of feces daily. I have treated with epson salt with results. Is it normal to do this 4-5 days apart? Can it hurt??

I added salt to the tank today and did 50% wc. My nitrates were at .10 and ammonia at 0.01. Nitrites were at 0. I normally change at least 30% a day.

Thanks for help.

Karen