PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a hose cleaner?

korbi_doc
04-20-2003, 08:24 PM
:bounce: :bounce: After the w/c I turn on the pump again, one from the sump of the wet/dry particularly. There always some white flaky material pushed out when it starts. There has been no problem cuz of it, just more mess to hopefully reach the overflow box.I've tried to run the water backwards out into a bucket to clean, doesn't work. Today, cleaned the filter of the Lifeguard & when reconnected & started up it did the same thing. A metal spring with brushes at the end was not successful cleaning a short piece of tubing, got caught, pulled off the spring, not good. There must be a way to connect a brush,(bottle brush ie.) to a long piece of metal stripping (at least 4') & push the brush thru to clean before start-up. Any ideas out there, maybe someone has a better mousetrap. Would appreciate any input to help this situation. Tia, Dottie ;D ;D

04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
You could use the method I use cleaning a rifle barrel.
I bought a chain (small diameter) and at the end I put strips of cloth through the last link. Don’t know if it will work though did not try it on a hose.

HTH
Ronald

McGilly
04-21-2003, 01:31 AM
8)

Ivan
04-28-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi Dottie, long time no chat ;D . hope you are well.
Anyway, I use the hagen flexi brush, I don't know if thats what it's called, but it's like a little brush on the end of a long peice of thin plastic. You feed in the flexible plastic into the tube so the brush goes in last. I've had to modify it a little so the plastic bit will poke out the other end of the hose. It requires you to remove the hose from the filter/pump, what ever, try your LFS

henryD
04-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Also most hardware store or depart store sell a flexible brush attach to a snakelike metal thing. You can use that to clean it. I actually bought mine at a dollar store. They are cheap and last quite a long time.

keith_cny
04-29-2003, 10:30 PM
5 gallon buket, Clorox, water, used power head

1.) mix water and clorox in bucket.
2.) connect power head to hose.
3.) put coiled hose in bucket (power head submerged).
4.) plug power head in and run couple hours (overnight if possible).
5.) replace water with clean and rinse good.

Gets hose very clean and sterilizes it too. I have a 30 foot wc filler hose that was getting "buildup" inside. Was getting ready to order a new 50 ft roll when I decided to try this. I was pretty surprised at how clean it got it. Now I'll probably just repeat the above process periodically.

keith

Smokey
04-30-2003, 04:16 AM
Just a suggestion - get a speedodmeter cable!
Clean it thourly . wash with Isporpyl achohol.
attach the cleaning cloth/brush and go for it.

Iv'e been using a cable from a Kenworth for over 7 years .

works great.

Smokey