PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried a millenium 3000?

ReeferKimberly
04-22-2003, 11:04 PM
hola guys,
i have a millenium 3000 wet/dry filter coming soon i got from ebay....pretty cheap at only $25.00 for a brand new one in the box. anyone have any experiences they wanna share? i like to go with tons of extra filtration. it's for a 46bow juvie tank that already has an aquaclear (300 i think).
thanks!
kimberly :-*

thebaglady
04-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Hi Kim, glad to see you here.

I have a Millennium 2000 that i've had on a cichlid tank with Neolamprologus for well over a year, maybe two years.

I've not had any problems with the unit so far (knock on wood) like needing to replace impellers or anything. It seems to re-start well if power goes off. And it seems to be pretty powerful. Mines rated at 160 gallons per hour.

Only a couple problems as related to recycle, reuse, reduce....you have to put in a whole new cartridge any time you want to change carbon because it's built into the thing. Polyester fabric floss, carbon and plastic cartridge are all one unit.

What if you don't want the carbon at all....Well, I suppose you could open a slit and try to get it out, but you would have to go the whole length of the cartridge! The little pellets are kind of encased in a ladder-type thing inside the cartridge. The polyester fabric floss is sealed to the plastic cartridge.

I've not had trouble re-ordering replacement filter cartridges, but I would not recommend this filter as the best for a discus tank, on account of the carbon.

HTH Glad to see you posting!!! Jen K. :)

ReeferKimberly
04-23-2003, 01:10 AM
hi jen!
yeah things have been getting a bit better lately, i'm dealing with their deaths. i have still been depressed lately. 2marro i have an appt. to maybe get some medication for that.
i hope i get the darn filter soon, ebay sheesh, it's about 2 1/2 weeks late :-[.
later,
kimberly :-*

pauly
04-23-2003, 05:15 AM
hi ,I too have the millenium 2000 ,
I also have had the same problems with the cartrige .I took out the carbon but thus made the mechanical fitration not as good , so had too get another cartrige . The carbon will eventually lose its strength and form a place for bacteria to live. Its does get cloged up easily though . I put a pre filter sponge on the in let , and it seems alot better now . Other than that it is fine .I like the way it is easy to dissmantle and clean.
Good luck with yours :)

Pauly

Dennis_Hardenburge
04-23-2003, 11:44 AM
I have several millenium 2000 and like them very much.
I use the plastic bio block that comes with them and two aquaclear 200 sponges.
I feel they are quieter than an aqua clear and the flow is very adjustable, I can use them with a sponge over the intake and turned down on a ten gallon with small fry or on a 65 gallon equally as well.
Dennis

paulmat
04-23-2003, 11:53 AM
I also have Millenium's of various sizes and like them very much. It harbors a lot of bio bact. and I have modified the filter insert on some of mine with peat instead of carbon and it works great ;D

Paul :guitarist:

nalah
04-23-2003, 06:28 PM
i have one also. dont use the carbon cartridge thought. i use a sponge instead.

due to frequent cleaning,i have found the plastic intake does crack. not as durable as the aquaclear.

thebaglady
04-23-2003, 10:35 PM
Dennis--I like the idea of using the additional aquaclear 200 sponges. That would be the ticket.

Kim--take those quiet walks outside. Enjoy the air instead of meds. things will be brighter again, but it just takes Time.