PDA

View Full Version : Honey moon....

henryD
04-23-2003, 10:55 AM
After being married for 1 year, We are finally going to get married by going through a semi traditional chinese wedding. Unfortunately it is a formality that we have to go trhough if we want everyone else to recognize our wedding. The first wedding was fun because it was only my wife and I. We did it in shorts. Pretty low key but fun.

Anyway. I am out of ideas for a place to go on our honey moon. Unfortunately we are restricted in where we can go. We can not leave the states. Not even to Canada because our paperwork are not in order. So I like to find out where everyone went on theirs and if they had a choice if theywould go to the same place.

Thanks for everyone feedback.

DarkDiscus
04-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Sandra and I went to New York City for our honeymoon. We stayed a week at the Essex House Hotel overlooking Central Park. It was during Christmas, so we wandered around the city and took in the sights and also saw some shows and ate at some great restaurants.

It was a great time.

A lot of people said that going to NYC 3 months after 9/11 was a bad idea. All I can say is they were wrong.

John

jeep
04-24-2003, 05:20 PM
For relaxation, go to Key West.

For sight seeing in the heat, Utah.

For sight seeing with adventure, Yellowstone/Tetons.

To see the lights, NYC.

Anywhere but Kansas ;)

ReeferKimberly
04-28-2003, 04:20 AM
hmmm well i would like vegas, don't know hos good it would be on a honeymoon but that's my $.2
have fun!
kimberly :-*

henryD
04-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the tips and ideas. I am going to research everyone of them. Definetily looking for something warm...

04-28-2003, 06:25 PM
If your looking for some place warm try Florida. My fiance has been itching to take me there for our honeymoon. Looks beautiful and lots to do. I just hate the heat ;D

She's been there tons of times and cant wait to go back. email me i can give you the name of the hotel/area she stayed in, cant remember it now but she showed me pics and it looks beautiful. Soon as she gets back from work ill email the web page of the place, has the brochure and all that stuff online

RichieE
04-29-2003, 11:34 AM
I'd vacation somewhere around the GREAT LAKES region........but thats just me. Rich 8)

heavyp83
05-06-2003, 03:01 AM
Hands Down....The Grand Canyon!!! It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen, I know its not a typical honeymoon destination, but that makes it all the better in my opinion.

I would NOT go to Vegas, honeymoons are about celebrating your love for each other, and that place is more plastic than a barbie doll, to me at least, or maybe i'm just mad because all three times i've been there, i was underage to gamble. >:(